LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Longboard suggestions?

Any longboard suggestions for a beginner in Ft. Lauderdale? I'm 5'2\", 115 lbs, and moderately coordinated. I paddleboard, but would really like to get into surfing. What should I look for in a board (length, volume, fin set-up)? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Images
    I'd put you on something like a 7'6'' tri-fin. Not less then 7' or more then 8'. Less then 7' isn't a long board and more then 8' is way big for you. Good luck

Thanks, Doug!

The McTavish 8 Ball is a reasonable and reasonably priced all arounder in the 8 foot range. I also like the NSPs in the 7 - 8 foot range for basic boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Agabinet View Post
    The McTavish 8 Ball is a reasonable and reasonably priced all arounder in the 8 foot range. I also like the NSPs in the 7 - 8 foot range for basic boards.
    I own the McTavish 8 Ball 8' 1" and it's a GREAT board, you'll love it

by the way, I am more than reasonable coordinated, I'm dang well corrdinated, and I find stand up paddling HARD TO DO!

Images
    i would get a mini arrow cj nelson model

Quote Originally Posted by Agabinet View Post
    by the way, I am more than reasonable coordinated, I'm dang well corrdinated, and I find stand up paddling HARD TO DO!
    Yeah it's harder than it looks, however once you get the hang of it you will progress rather quickly, but it takes plenty of water time in the beginning to get confortable to the point where you don't ever think about falling, once you get that comfort zone it gets really fun

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I'd put you on something like a 7'6'' tri-fin. Not less then 7' or more then 8'. Less then 7' isn't a long board and more then 8' is way big for you. Good luck
    Just for accuracy.......Longboards start at 9'. Anything under with a round nose is an egg,funshape or hybrid.
    Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by wave1rider65 View Post
    Just for accuracy.......Longboards start at 9'. Anything under with a round nose is an egg,funshape or hybrid.
    Just sayin'.
    I think he meant for her size it's a long board, most people aren't 5'2"