LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    I like to travel light. last time i went to costa ... it Costs like $10/ day = $100 for 10 days... it can cost that much each way on some airlines. Besides most shops allow you to swap out for a different board in case the conditions change.. guess if your going away for a while it pays to bring a board, but I usually do 7 day trips

hey guys im about to go to pr also, how old do you have to be to rent a car from the airport?

Quote Originally Posted by esasurf View Post
    hey guys im about to go to pr also, how old do you have to be to rent a car from the airport?
    They don't check age, they ask you to drop your pants to make sure it's big enough

Images
    unless you're really picky about your boards, you can just leave them home. rent from bobby at mar azul surf shop, i know dawnpatrol is staying with him. last time i rented from him i think it was like $20 a week and he let me switch boards as often as i liked. i actually broke a fin on the reef and screwed up the fin box but he didn't charge me a cent extra. they actually have a really good selection so you'll probably end up finding exactly what you want anyway.

and yes rent a car. no matter where you stay there are a bunch of great breaks you're going to want to check out that are all within a 5 minute drive of eachother. on the mar azul site there's a map of basically every wave on the west side of the island. also BQN is the way to go it'll save you alot of driving and you'll be able to surf 2 extra days (depending on what time your flights are).

Images
    good advice about renting boards here. Jetblue does charge per trip and it gets expen$ive. Mar azul does have a lot of boards..not sure if Green Room rents but they have a lot, too.
    a week or two before Christmas being most consistent, well, maybe. We mostly depend on storms coming down the Eastern seaboard to produce waves, so buy your ticket and take your chances. Guaranteed that those two weeks are among the most insanely crowded also, as are the two weeks just after Christmas--all the local schools are out, the locals take time off, it's a grand time..

Images
    Yeah I was reading on some of the other threads that schools getting out could be a big issue with crowds in the water. Are there enough breaks in the area to get my fix? I'm sure there are a million breaks on the west side that may or may not be breaking.

I always bring my own boards. I understand its cheaper to rent, but I like to ride boards I know work for me.
    Definitely fly into BQN. Good waves minutes from the airport... And youshould get a car. There's waves all over the north and west that you will need a carr to get to

Hit me up when u get here i live in rincon and love sharing 'secret' spots. Just for sum buds to shred w. fly into aguadilla rent a car n find the cheapest place u can imagine urself staying in. Ur gonna want the extra cash. N def bring ur own boards. Theres nothing more aggrivating than trying to figure out a new wave w anew board. Best luck man. Ill b here when u get here n ull kno im there cuz im the only redneck w a lifted chevy on the island

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 34thStreetSurfing View Post
    Are there enough breaks in the area to get my fix?
    Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the winds, swell size, crowd factor..like anywhere else.
    Don't let anyone tell you there are 'secret' spots, though.

Images
    Last question is if anyone has stayed in the Rincon Inn? at 45 dollars a night for two people, you cant really beat it. Anyone stayed there? Horror stories? Awesome stories? I really just want a place to lay my head at night and rest for the next day. Thanks everyone for the advice