LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping a car

Shipping a car

I'm moving back to Cali; I've had many great years in RI but it's time to leave the wave starved region and Join the zoo in San Diego. I'm gonna miss the solo winter seshions and heavy water beat downs and that wasn't sarcasm a sick part of me realy enjoys ice cream headaches and bruises from cold water lips, but it's a trade off.

My question for you guys is, does anybody know any good car shipping companies. We both drive a prius (I know I know; I got tired of fixing my 88 s-10 and spendin all that gas money) but were only driving one across country and were gonna ship the other one. Being that surfers tend to move a lot I figured some one out there would know some cheap but good companies or cousins, friends, etc.. the lowest quote I got was 999 if anybody can beat that, that would be awesome.

Thanks and may the next peak come right to you and be all to yourself.

I started to investigate doing this and was told several times to be very careful to not get sucked into the cheapest fee from muliple parties. Call this guy Marlo (954)369-4484. He seemed to be very knowledgeable and was straight and up front with everything. He also always followed up and seemed very professional.

I ship cars all the time- 1000 for cross country sounds about right- I use Ready Auto Transport. 480-558-3200 ext.455

Balloons! Lots and lots and lots of balloons. Don't worry it'll be fine. Just glass some fins on the top of that bubble car and give it a little shove, the wind will take care of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Balloons! Lots and lots and lots of balloons. Don't worry it'll be fine. Just glass some fins on the top of that bubble car and give it a little shove, the wind will take care of the rest.
    Visions of the movie Up are now in my head.

Go buy a big diesel truck and put the Prius in the bed. It will look like a horse being humped by turtle going down the road.

thanks for all your help. I think I'm gonna go with the balloon method, seems most efficient

i ship cars regularly, the way it works is you post up the vehicle and offering price (as well as cash on pickup or cash on delivery) and either someone bites or they dont. From RI to CA its possible to find under 900 but like bronze whaler said 1000+ is the going rate atm

9. Im in the same boat as you, I also couldnt find anything too affordable so we decided it was going to be cheaper to drive both my jeep and her car. I also had trouble finding many companies close to RI that ship, what companies have you found?

its not like there is a company that does anything, its just a deal where a trucker comes and picks up your car if he is willing to do it for a given price. If you know someone in NY or NJ you can get the vehicles picked up at that would save some $$