LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    I hope to see the front runners of this swell on Monday. After that it will be onshore and flooding with the push here in Treasure Island. Its always a love hate relationship when they are this close as my house and business in on the water. It came up over the seawall for 2 days straight with Debbie and this looks to be higher wind and tide. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnytoobad View Post
    Prolly be clean and "eipiec"
    is that the new swellinfo catchphrase? gruvi, sjb and nobody owes you anything got replaced

Quote Originally Posted by windswellsucks View Post
    is that the new swellinfo catchphrase? gruvi, sjb and nobody owes you anything got replaced
    Nobody owes you anything will always be a swellinfo favorite of mine!

Images
    interesting: Levi, the TropicalTidbits guy, doesn't quite agree with National Hurricane Center as to how far west Isaac will go and makes a pretty good case why Isaac could end up in the Atlantic, starting at about 4:42:

*embed doesn't work - see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fcsdtpRO***
    Last edited by hanna; Aug 25, 2012 at 03:08 AM.

he brings up good arguments and it seems he is getting well known. on his facebook page he gets lambasted by argumentative weather nerds about the storm track, kind of entertaining

Images
    NHC are pretty smart people, when it comes to hurricanes i would listen to them...the TropicalTidbit guy is just confusing people, in all serious, its a dangerous situation down here...just my $.02

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    NHC are pretty smart people, when it comes to hurricanes i would listen to them...the TropicalTidbit guy is just confusing people, in all serious, its a dangerous situation down here...just my $.02
    NHC isn't all that accurate, imo (see "Hurricane" Irene). there's always room for an informed opinion, and those in affected areas should play the percentages and remember a forecast is not a prediction.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    NHC isn't all that accurate, imo (see "Hurricane" Irene). there's always room for an informed opinion, and those in affected areas should play the percentages and remember a forecast is not a prediction.
    idk but TropicalTidbit guy had this storm going up the east coast 2 days ago while NHC had it going in the gulf 4 days ago, just stating the obvious...there is my $.04...lol

Images
    Gettin stoked for Monday here!!!!! thats about it till wednesday thursday then as Its gonna push so much water and our beaches. They are already wrecked from debby I have a feelin I wont be able to get on the island tuesday. I dont much care for surfing in wind\.
    A young cat named bryce did a turn during debby here and the wind caught his nose (on a wee lil 5'4) and swoosh that board came and bit his nose with avengance. That smarted

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fl.surfdog View Post
    idk but TropicalTidbit guy had this storm going up the east coast 2 days ago while NHC had it going in the gulf 4 days ago, just stating the obvious...there is my $.04...lol
    yup, the NHC called that one right (presumably, anyway, but we'll know for sure tomorrow). I'd still like to see a lot more wast out of it, but it's definitely trending west. but we got swell and that's what counts