LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joyce

Joyce

I like the looks of her path. Making her turn right around bermuda, she may unload a nice little groundswell around midweek.. would be nice to get in the water for a little warm up session before Isaac rolls through!

...and another wave behind her.

No matter what we are getting swell all up the coast, too much activity right now to not, time to hit the pool and get my laps in, WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I am literally on my knees begging for waves. Haven't surfed a single f'ng decent wave in over a year and about to LOSE MY MIND!!! By the way, to anyone contemplating the inland living thing...DO NOT DO IT. Not only will you miss the half-decent days that show up unannounced, but random b.s. will pop up conspiratorially and ruin every single solitary surfing opportunity until you get to the point where you start saying things like "I think I might be willing to kill a man to get some waves" or start yelling at the NOAA wave models on your computer monitor, accusing Mother Ocean of being a "dirty skanky whore". It just gets a little too weird sometimes, and I think we'd all be better off living near the sea. Well, I actually believe everyone else should take a hike, and I will live by the sea. I need a slave or two to make my boards, but everyone else should go live in Baltimore so I can paddle out in peace. :P

Happy trails, here's to the start of another (hopefully for real this time) hurricane season!

By the way, about that whole murder thing, I am TOTALLY JOKING! No need to report me to the Fuzz. I will confess, however, that I did once kick a turtle. It was a total accident though, and I did cry so it doesn't matter anyway.

I've gotta say, this is one of my favorite times to be an east coast surfer. Granted Nor'easters usually produce the best days in the winter/spring.. but there's something about this time of the Hurricane season, when Africa gets it's revolver loaded up and starts firing them off, one after another.. gives you something to froth about every day for a couple weeks... anyone else turn into a total cane junky in late August/Sept?

I broke out my old short board this morning and got some surprisingly good shore break rides on some decent sized swell.... not sure whats sending todays swell, western Long Island...

live aloha, I do all of those things (and they all happen to me), and I live 10 minutes from the beach

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by weathermaang View Post
    I've gotta say, this is one of my favorite times to be an east coast surfer. Granted Nor'easters usually produce the best days in the winter/spring.. but there's something about this time of the Hurricane season, when Africa gets it's revolver loaded up and starts firing them off, one after another.. gives you something to froth about every day for a couple weeks... anyone else turn into a total cane junky in late August/Sept?
    count me in - it's like Christmas right now and Santa's coming across the Atlantic. i'd love this stuff even if i didn't surf - anything that disrupts the normal routine is ok by me - but surfing makes it so much sweeter. non-surfing friends/family/coworkers hear you rooting for the storms and think you're a lunatic....

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    non-surfing friends/family/coworkers hear you rooting for the storms and think you're a lunatic....
    My co-workers and family members think i'm crazy. "Aren't you afraid?" "You are praying FOR a hurricane while everybody else is running to Lowes and Home Depot? You're nuts".

Joyce could be choice.