LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joyce

Wow, i need to find something else to do next summer. There was pretty good swell up until and on Memorial Day and then all of a sudden it just went flat all summer except for some wind swell here and there. Now its all picking up again around Labor Day.

I know this always happens but this year just seemed a lot worse than the last few. Hurricanes need to start sooner like in July next year.

so is Joyce about to vanish on us???

Images
    who knows...one day at a time....waist high sets every now and then and glassy fun this morning here.

National Hurricane Center said this about Joyce on their 11:00 a.m. discussion:

Joyce is being affected by about 20 kt of south-southeasterly shear...and it is embedded in a dry mid-level environment. These parameters are not expected to change appreciably during the next couple of days...and the prospects of regeneration and strengthening appear low at this time. The NHC official forecast holds the cyclone as a remnant low through the 5-day forecast...but it is entirely possible that the low could dissipate at any time.

Doesnt exactly sound promising.
    Last edited by mitchell; Aug 24, 2012 at 04:46 PM.

fackk.. so much for thinkin about drivin 12 hrs south

why are the surf gods mad at us again?

well looks like we've lost Joyce.... what a b.it.ch.

Terrible forecasting SI. I think it's time to step your forecasting skills, all summer you have predicted surf 5 days out only to have it fizzle. Models, numbers, experience, knowledge, gut instinct and basic understanding of the ocean should make for better forecasting. Just using models in forecasting is lazy and misleading.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Terrible forecasting SI. I think it's time to step your forecasting skills, all summer you have predicted surf 5 days out only to have it fizzle. Models, numbers, experience, knowledge, gut instinct and basic understanding of the ocean should make for better forecasting. Just using models in forecasting is lazy and misleading.
    maybe you should ask for your money back. oh, wait...

sniffer, you sniffing your own butthole? The only thing "lazy" is your dumb ass relying on a good, FREE website for all your forecasts. It's like getting mad at a fortune cookie for getting it's prediction wrong. Weather changes unpredictably so wave models change. Learn how to forecast for yourself. Plus, it's been my experience, especially this past year, that the predictions have been more accurate than ever.

Images
    Maybe I should paint something.