LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pellet Gun

Images

Pellet Gun

I know someone who recently bought a high powered pellet riffle with a scope that shoots rounds comparable to .22mm bullets. This is why he bought the gun; He and his buddies set out “bait” for seagulls, then shoot and kill the birds from an upstairs window, for fun.
    Do you guys and gals have any thoughts about that?

sounds like good population control.

Maybe they should use it on the Seals in Mass. (See thread about MASS. and Great Whites

Quote Originally Posted by ChavezYChavez View Post
    Maybe they should use it on the Seals in Mass. (See thread about MASS. and Great Whites
    or piping plovers!

Images
    Tastes like Chicken.

Hopefully they clean up the carcasses. I'm not too fond of dead things stinking up my beach. I personally don't have any problems with a little population control but there is always the grey area between killing for pleasure rather than killing for consumption. My brothers and I have eaten a variety of game and miscellaneous varmints because of our policy of eat what you kill. It tends to cut down on getting trigger happy and leaving a pile of bodies on the ground.

P.S. Doog you're looking good these days... a little make up goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    or piping plovers!
    or the OP!

while gulls are in desperate need of population control, i find that people who kill "for fun" (as opposed to hunting for food) are one bad day away from mass murder/serial killing & probably tortured kittens as children.

there are other reasons to kill except for food or fun....

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I know someone who recently bought a high powered pellet riffle with a scope that shoots rounds comparable to .22mm bullets. This is why he bought the gun; He and his buddies set out “bait” for seagulls, then shoot and kill the birds from an upstairs window, for fun.
    Do you guys and gals have any thoughts about that?
    I have one that shoots little plastic bbs. I use it to shoot seagulls off my roof... they like to drop shells on the roof to open and eat them... my yard gets littered with hundreds and thousands of seashells... whole and broken up. I since put a netting on the roof area, only about a 10 by 10 section of the roof as they like it due to being flat (like the waves). so I dont really use the bb gun anymore...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    there are other reasons to kill except for food or fun....
    OOOoooh wow... Soooo mysterious