LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Pellet Gun

i been smoking rock for 22 years now, grubbing seagulls is what i do. as long as you grub it you can grip it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSlyB View Post
    As not only a surfer, but a fisherman and guy who works on boats, I've always been told and heard stories about respecting seabirds. I have been taught, from guys who love hunting and killing, to NEVER harm a seabird or any seagull, because one of the legends of the oceans are that they carry the souls of lost sailors. Messing with them leads to very bad karma with the water
    heed the rime of the ancient mariner. even though a seagull aint no albatross

Nice name man good job!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    We got live one here! Clear!!! Skimdog millionaire might be the next internet tough guy.

Like I said earlier, I think mindless killing of animals is wasteful and dumb and I think you should at least make an attempt to eat it if you kill it. I seriously doubt these guys are sociopaths wearing seagull beaks and their sister's bras though.

Ill explain since your having trouble. So my statement really says that my opinion of anyone shooting gulls for fun is an @#$hole ( find an asshole forum.) So forum is a general term ( just so you know) not accusing or implicating anyone of doing anything. So bringing up the topic of shooting things for fun should be discussed on a forum of (you guessed it) regardless of who is doing what to whom. See how I got my opinions across without attacking anyone in particular, on the computer, who I don't know anyway? Nice.In addition to a tough guy ( like a finger from someone has pointed and thank you I am in real life also.) Someone else please point out that I am a smart ass also. Thank you swell forum for the freedom of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    You told him to go to an Asshole forum therby implying he is an asshole. Crystal Clear!!!?

Images
    seagulls in jersey are terrible. you could kill 10 per week for a year and it probably would not make a difference

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skimdog View Post
    Mabye some things should not be posted on here. Mabye find a @#$hole forum. tx.
    This sounds like dueshy attack to me, but I’m dumb. I posted it in all discussions, so Pellet Gun does not fit that criteria? Are you the new forum moderator? Who is forcing you to read this post about pellet gun use? Where can I find this a55hole forum you speak of? I’m sorry you were offended by my a55hole post.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skimdog View Post
    Ill explain since your having trouble. So my statement really says that my opinion of anyone shooting gulls for fun is an @#$hole ( find an asshole forum.) So forum is a general term ( just so you know) not accusing or implicating anyone of doing anything. So bringing up the topic of shooting things for fun should be discussed on a forum of (you guessed it) regardless of who is doing what to whom. See how I got my opinions across without attacking anyone in particular, on the computer, who I don't know anyway? Nice.In addition to a tough guy ( like a finger from someone has pointed and thank you I am in real life also.) Someone else please point out that I am a smart ass also. Thank you swell forum for the freedom of opinion.
    How big a boy are ya?

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    I think you should at least make an attempt to eat it if you kill it.
    Have you ever killed and eaten an animal other than a fish? I don't know if it's as black and white as you make it out to be. where do you draw the line? do you eat mosquitoes that you kill? flies? are those animals too small? would you eat a brown bear that you killed in defense of life or property (your children's out on the trampoline in the backyard or your chickens' in the coop)? would you eat a wolf that you killed to defend your dogs? interesting discussion. too bad it always gets personal.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    Have you ever killed and eaten an animal other than a fish? I don't know if it's as black and white as you make it out to be. where do you draw the line? do you eat mosquitoes that you kill? flies? are those animals too small? would you eat a brown bear that you killed in defense of life or property (your children's out on the trampoline in the backyard or your chickens' in the coop)? would you eat a wolf that you killed to defend your dogs? interesting discussion. too bad it always gets personal.
    except they're shooting them for fun, not self defense

Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    You were making such progress, Cresto. And now this.

Just kidding, a bit.

Seriously, there's a huge difference between killing a bear that's trying to kill your offspring and killing any animal for fun. One is defense, the other is flat-out sadism. Eat the bear or not, your call, but if it is trying to scarf down your kiddies, it's neither here nor there. Maybe you just chose a poor analogy.

The initiator of this thread made it quite clear that his associates are killing seagulls for sport. Shooting them, watching them stagger off in severe pain to die slowly & rot in the sun. These idiots think that making creatures suffer is fun, funny, enjoyable & a good way to spend their existence on this planet.

As is the norm for the forum, the thread has meandered, ahem, to be diplomatic about it.

As to the original thread starter topic: it IS black & white. It's so black & white that there's federal laws, state laws & local laws against killing seagulls; in particular, it's a felony. Aside from the laws, the very act of torturing / destroying one of God's creatures for laughter & 'fun' is an abomination.

The superior species, eh?

Those seagull torturers should be taken out & allowed to roam Raspberry Island, naked, with bloody steaks strapped to their arses. Equal time for the bears up there, yes? Let those men see what it feels like when a Kodiak bear turns them into lasagna.
    Last edited by yankee; Aug 29, 2012 at 03:20 AM.