LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

Cant pop up without leg!!!

Really:
    Man looking for leg after it came off while surfing
    Posted: Aug 27, 2012 8:17 PM EDT Updated: Aug 27, 2012 8:17 PM EDT
    By: Will Tapper - email

WRIGHTSVILLE BEACH, NC (WECT) - A man visiting the area from Canada lost something very precious to him while surfing at Wrightsville Beach, his prosthetic leg.

Phillipe Poulin is from Halifax, Nova Scotia and was in town on vacation. He decided to go surfing. This was Poulin's second time surfing and when he fell off his board, his leg also came off.

"We had a bunch of people stop over and tried to get everyone's attention that we could and we came up with no real luck and we're still looking for my leg," he said.

The leg cost about $10,000 and it would be difficult for him to return home without it.

"I never thought I was going to lose my leg," he said.

He said the incident won't keep him from hitting the waves. Although, next time, he said he'll take some precautions to make sure his leg stays in place.

"I think I fell in love with [surfing] even after when I was looking for my leg. I was sitting there watching the other surfers I think I was understand the waves a little better," he said.

Now, he's asking anyone who knows where his leg is to call the police. He said someone saw it over the weekend, but just left it where it was because they didn't know what it was.

He said his leg was amputated after he was in a car accident when he was nine years old
    I don't know much about prosthetics, but you'd think he could have seen this coming...and wouldn't you at least slightly freak out to find a leg in the shorebreak?

Let's just hope the leg does not float downstream.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    Let's just hope the leg does not float downstream.
    nah, WB has the $10,000 prosthetics...here in CB, we only see the cheap-o CVS knock-offs

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    nah, WB has the $10,000 prosthetics...here in CB, we only see the cheap-o CVS knock-offs
    Either way, I think that these sharks will make one disappear. I heard that Pelican had a "frenzy" on Sunday. Keep an eye out for gnawed CVS knock-offs.

I thought they only used beer mugs with broom handles attached as prosthetics in CB. Man, getting that CVS really brought y'all into the 20th Century!

On another note, since Canada has socialized medicine, how on earth did that leg cost $10,000?

If he wore a wetsuit, the leg may have stayed on. Better yet, a wetsuit made by Pinecone with a prosthetic leg graphic design where his prosthetic leg is.