LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: "Leslie"

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    "Leslie"

    TS Leslie is coming to an Atlantic basin near you. Looks promising for mid/late next week. GFS has Leslie parking itself about 600 miles east of Vacapes for a day or two while a front plows through the NE/mid-Atlantic giving us off-shore winds.

    The GFS will flop around like a fish out of water over the next few days, but it's had this general idea of an approaching tropical + fropa for the past couple of days.

    Most recent satellite Dvorak infrared loop: http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/catl/flash-bd.html
    Last edited by Mid-Life Crisis; Aug 30, 2012 at 01:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    The area of convection is already fairly large in size, and the steering currents should send this into the East Coast swell window... My hopes are relatively high.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Buried Island
    Posts
    688
    Our day in the sun is coming...can you say week long swell?!?

  4. #4
    Week long swell? Probably not. The front will keep things choppy up until Wednesday, and by then the storm gets turned back East by the same front. Looks like Wednesday has the best chance for swell and offshore winds....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Buried Island
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by fins369 View Post
    Week long swell? Probably not. The front will keep things choppy up until Wednesday, and by then the storm gets turned back East by the same front. Looks like Wednesday has the best chance for swell and offshore winds....
    The Fetch on this sucker could be massive...this type of storm occurs often this time of year (anyone remember the 9/11 swell?)

  6. #6
    I unfortunately remember that swell all too well. It was epic.

    Dean

  7. #7
    Tourists go home and school starts here on monday. Hahahaha! Can't wait.

  8. #8
    For the mid-atlantic it looks like the swell will start Tuesday night and into Wednesday but thats when the forecast ends.

    How long will this last? Could it go into the weekend?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    milton delaware
    Posts
    1,379
    Images
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by apbb View Post
    For the mid-atlantic it looks like the swell will start Tuesday night and into Wednesday but thats when the forecast ends.

    How long will this last? Could it go into the weekend?
    Five day east coast swells are rare, but not unheard of. After all, a week from saturday is nine days from now...anything could happen.

    Man...look at that forecast track! Nova Scotia could get LIT UP!

  10. #10

    Scooootsh is right..

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Five day east coast swells are rare, but not unheard of. After all, a week from saturday is nine days from now...anything could happen.

    Man...look at that forecast track! Nova Scotia could get LIT UP!
    So good, hope she goes a bit left and not out to sea. LIT Up is right.. Sometimes it's the old,, where can we GET IN, and GET OUT..