LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Leslie"

Images
    Cool satellite photo of soon-to-be-Leslie and Hurricane Kirk off to the north moving out.

All of the tracks I see now have the majority of them going to the EAST of Bermuda. I can't remember the last Cane that sent significant swell to the East Coast that went East of Bermuda.

The last couple of "big cane swells" around this time (Bill, Earl, Irene) went WAY closer to the shore than this one is projected to go. I can see breaks in the OBX and New England that jut out into the Atlantic getting some good swell but the tucked away breaks in NJ will only get around 4-5ft it seems.

4-5 ft is about all the Jersey breaks can handle right now with the state of the sandbars. If this storm gets big and moves slow, swell will come from it...

I just have a bad feeling about this one and how the rest of the season has been going. So much bad luck and lack of waves I'd be surprised if this actually produces something worthwhile.

Only thing I'm hoping for this season would be for a storm to take away all the sand the cities tried to pump onto the beach because it basically killed most of the breaks around me.

I lucked out... took the rest of the short work week off for this. Thank you!

@apbb this one looks similar to Danielle in 2010. Had similar periods, and I thought it would close out the beaches but it didn't. I remember long lulls though

Images
    Not sure but it seemed like Kirk was throwing some tiny ground swell our way this morning. Knee to thigh high with offshore winds and knowone out but me.

Merry Christmas?

Invest 98L is right beside her too, wonder if they will split their trajectories at some point. Would be nice if one took a course closer to the coast

Images
    we shall see. wait another two days and the forecast should be more accurate. could definetly go for some chest to shoulder waves in 78 degree water before the temps fall

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by apbb View Post
    All of the tracks I see now have the majority of them going to the EAST of Bermuda. I can't remember the last Cane that sent significant swell to the East Coast that went East of Bermuda.

The last couple of "big cane swells" around this time (Bill, Earl, Irene) went WAY closer to the shore than this one is projected to go. I can see breaks in the OBX and New England that jut out into the Atlantic getting some good swell but the tucked away breaks in NJ will only get around 4-5ft it seems.
    Exactly, but 4-5ft doesn't sound to bad to me... All the models are curving this storm east of Bermuda, but i'd say there is plenty of uncertainty in that track forecast as of now... The steering currents should be relatively light, and if it doesn't get picked up by the weak trough, it certainly seems plausible that it could go west of the Bermuda longitude.