LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Leslie"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Exactly, but 4-5ft doesn't sound to bad to me... All the models are curving this storm east of Bermuda, but i'd say there is plenty of uncertainty in that track forecast as of now... The steering currents should be relatively light, and if it doesn't get picked up by the weak trough, it certainly seems plausible that it could go west of the Bermuda longitude.
    almost seems like the leftovers of isaac are going to keep it from getting close....the remnants are going to be near western PA on tuesday just as this storm goes N then NE

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Invest 98L is right beside her too, wonder if they will split their trajectories at some point. Would be nice if one took a course closer to the coast
    I thought Invest 98L and TD 12 were one and the same...Invest 98L became TD12? Right? There arent two separate storms on top of one another are there?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    I thought Invest 98L and TD 12 were one and the same...Invest 98L became TD12? Right? There arent two separate storms on top of one another are there?
    same storm... Leslie hasn't actually been named yet, the thread originator just jumped the gun. TD12 will become Leslie.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    same storm... Leslie hasn't actually been named yet, the thread originator just jumped the gun.
    That's why I put the name Leslie in quotes in the thread heading.

On average how many storms a year go up the Eastern Seaboard?

So far I think there's been what 3 including Kirk and Leslie?

Images
    These guys have all of the annual hurricane tracks going back a long time.

Scoll down to "hurricane archives" and pick any year back to like 1851 or something

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/

What I'm hoping for this September and October is a swell every weekend with waves at least 3ft+ and clean.
    Is that too much to ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by apbb View Post
    What I'm hoping for this September and October is a swell every weekend with waves at least 3ft+ and clean.
    LOL, we have as much chance of getting that as I do of getting my wife to cook tasty meals while simultaneously shutting her yap.

Quote Originally Posted by apbb View Post
    Enough with your crying, surf is on the way.

The water today was clean, clear, warm,.....crabs,muscles,baitfish,........and a pod of dolphins......and surf is on the way....best time of year is upon us.