LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "Leslie"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by apbb View Post
    On average how many storms a year go up the Eastern Seaboard?

So far I think there's been what 3 including Kirk and Leslie?
    The Swellinfo Hurricane Center also has hurricane archives, but only from 1998 to 2012.

Images
    The models are in incredible agreement on this last update, which is super rare for such close agreement in the 5 day.

wakakakakaakkaka

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    The models are in incredible agreement on this last update, which is super rare for such close agreement in the 5 day.
    I feel like little kid right now waiting for christmas... I really cant controll myself right about meow

Swellinfo....Looks like the Jet Stream is in a favorable position to push this NW at about the time those models stop..I have a hard time imagining this thing moving any further East after Tuesday, most likely NW.

"Assuming" this becomes a Cat 2 by the time it reaches the model's edge on Tuesday..would that be powerful enough to send solid swell to NJ?

I am thinking about making a trip to the outer banks incase NJ gets skunked..

The latest model update I've looked at have this storm stalling right around Bermuda... not doing the usual "turn and burn" routine... a storm of this magnitude stalling for 24-48 hours and just spinning around Bermuda... while this would obviously be bad news for Bermuda, I think it's about the best scenario possible for us! far more desirable that a storm ripping up the coast like Irene etc.. I remember a storm like this a few years ago.. like early 2000's that stalled for a few days out there and just lit up the whole friggin coast for a week or so... anybody remember that? wasn't Fabian...

I'm trying to keep calm here... it's hard to imagine the tremendous let-down we may experience if this doesn't pan out...

Who else loves september??

Me. Used to hate September cuz it meant the return of school, but that was 30 years ago. Now it's my favorite month of the year.

Possible fly in the ointment w/ clean surf from Leslie is the interaction of Isaac remnants with the cold front due to approach/move through the mid atlantic next week. GFS keeps bending Isaac remnants further south which might give the delmarva a bunch of localized wind that'll chop everything up. Hope not.

Scooootsh is right..

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Five day east coast swells are rare, but not unheard of. After all, a week from saturday is nine days from now...anything could happen.

Man...look at that forecast track! Nova Scotia could get LIT UP!
    So good, hope she goes a bit left and not out to sea. LIT Up is right.. Sometimes it's the old,, where can we GET IN, and GET OUT..

Quote Originally Posted by Mid-Life Crisis View Post
    Me. Used to hate September cuz it meant the return of school, but that was 30 years ago. Now it's my favorite month of the year.
    Goin' into work late for the next couple of days. Flex-hours are the Sh!1. Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Yo amo Ileana mi amor, mi corazon. No se lo diga mi esposa.

http://www.swellinfo.com/surf-foreca...nia-north.html

Images
    that stall has updated other forecasts....could be very interesting. maybe god's done laughing at us ha