LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Full Blue Moon

Images

Thumbs up Full Blue Moon

I just got done surfing in the full blue moon.....it was amazing! Epic! The water was so clear you could see your feet by the moonlight. Seriously, one of the most awesome surf sessions in my life. I'm so grateful.

Grats! Sounds like a blast! I cant wait to finnaly score Belly high + waves. Its been tooooo long............

Right on YDM! I'm starin' at that same moon. It's rising now. Not quite high enough to go for another sesh. I surfed until it was too dark to see tonight, then went to the local watering' hole while the Mrs. put down the lillins. I was not allowed through the door until visions of sugar plums were assured. Hung out/had dinner with the fam and then went surfing instead of he other way around for once. Got out to see the last rays of he ol' sunset. It is hitting. Except for the Wed. right before my PHX trip, these are the first waves we've had in 2 months that aren't mush and 1-3 footers. The Gulf on a good day is what it's been all summer, but my buds have finally come rollin' back in, just in time for my b-day an on a long weekend too. I gots to do some serialcrunchin' this weekend, but in between that and the Mrs's trips to the nail painters in lil'Manilla, I'm gettin' prune toes. These could be the first barrels since Abril. Put some wax on the 6'6G ride tonight since I stripped her nekkid back in March. Might have (hope,hope) to pull out the ol' 7'6" slough stick this weekend if mother mother starts gettin' hairy. If I can refrain from tossin back a few too many more col' col' for noth 2 hours, I might be able stumble out for a moonlit sesh, Swami's maybe instead o' the reef? I hear a gin n tonic callin my name [ellipses omitted for grammatical accuracy]

Peddled up to the reef at 10:40 after the moon broke over the cliffs. None of my friends or neighbors wanted to paddle out, declaring that they were all headed up to Oside in the morning. I figured there would be other people surfN. The parking lot wasn't empty, there were some revelers. There was a beautiful brunette in a Porsche 911 Cabriolet. An old man, declaring that someone had to close down the beach and glad I was doing it and a mandolin player strumming to the moon. At the bottom of the cliffs a couple made out on a blanket by the bamboo stand, a trio walked down the beach and a pair of large women sang while one played the guitar. I had the reef all to myself on a perfect moon-lit night. The tide was up so it was washed out and only breaking a few hundred yards off the shore, but it was kicking 2-4' waves with the occasional larger set on the outside. 45 minutes surfing alone in the near dark as the moon was still not high in the sky. Peddled home and was stopped at a light beside a dep. sherriff who asked me how it was and couldn't help groking what a difference where you live makes. Can't wait until sunrise.

Wow sounds so cool yourdirtymomma! I'm headed to a beach today where they say clothing is optional lol.

Sounds like an awesome time! I had an eerie time out under a full moon once haha. hey just for the record though a blue moon is the second full moon in the same month. So no need to say "full blue moon" because if its a blue moon it's already full

Quote Originally Posted by Liamsdad View Post
    Wow sounds so cool yourdirtymomma! I'm headed to a beach today where they say clothing is optional lol.
    A different kind of full moon, eh?

Miniscule waves here, but the Wailers were playing about a block down the beach last night. Despite the surf, not too shabby while out in the water

Images
    Zagraffer......glad to hear you had such a good time too......the mandolin really sets the whole thing off! As if the moon wasn't enough.

OldSOul......you are correct.....thanks for pointing that out......Blue Moon will do.

And I enjoyed the whole thing soooooo much, I did it again last night. It was, once again, so AMAZING! Thinking of starting a new group......"Moonlight Surfing Association"......Where we take away the fear TV has installed in you