LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61
  1. #1

    Never seen so much hype in my life

    Seriously. This is a chest to shoulder high ground swell event. California gets this almost every day all summer long! Nevermind that most of ec(especially really heavy near "shorepound like" breaks in nj) have no proper features for a ground swell and end up closing out. Some of the more gently sloping sand breaks that are few and far between in the mid atlantic are what you need if you don't have reefs

    I think this hype illustrates just how wave starved the wrong coast is this year! First year I can EVER remember not having a solid ground swell from a hurricane before labor day.

    Oh and what's with people talking about the storm stalling for 2 weeks??? You really think you can forecast that now? And as far as nearshore winds go, 48hour forecast is as far as as you can reasonably tell what winds might be.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Sep 1, 2012 at 03:04 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    chincoteague, va
    Posts
    131
    ... People are allowed to get excited. No need to get your panties in a bunch because a few guys are excited for some possible surf. Chill.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jchafard View Post
    ... People are allowed to get excited. No need to get your panties in a bunch because a few guys are excited for some possible surf. Chill.
    I'm excited too! I'm just saying! It's amazing how wave starved people are I don't ever remember this much hype over a chest high event! Chest high is perfect conditions for me. I don't go out in DOH. Don't feel comfortable. I'm just picturing people complaing about the swell not being big enough/forecasted correctly with all this hype when it was never forecasted to be overhead! Just remember what the forecast says!
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Sep 1, 2012 at 03:14 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    3,628
    Images
    6
    I'm so excited that I just rubbed one out looking at the wave map.

  5. #5
    that's great, man...we don't live on the left coast! Chest high ground swell is a reason to get excited, considering the sh#tty year it's been, are you kidding me?! I do go out in DOH, and I'll take chest high, good conditions any day. Come on Leslie, don't turn out to be a whore, like the whore named Leslie I banged years ago.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Buried Island
    Posts
    687
    I would hate to be you...

  7. #7
    Typical reason why us East Coast people can't stand anyone from Cali....such goobers

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Buried Island
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    I'm excited too! I'm just saying! It's amazing how wave starved people are I don't ever remember this much hype over a chest high event! Chest high is perfect conditions for me. I don't go out in DOH. Don't feel comfortable. I'm just picturing people complaing about the swell not being big enough/forecasted correctly with all this hype when it was never forecasted to be overhead! Just remember what the forecast says!
    Where I live a 5 foot swell at 14 seconds is at least headhigh

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Wilmington,DE
    Posts
    232
    Images
    1
    How many days are the conditions actually DOH....

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Where I live a 5 foot swell at 14 seconds is at least headhigh
    It's forecasting smaller here. Anyway, the storm hasn't even entered our swell window YET. Until it does, it's hype as we've seen with countless other tropical storms. Their fickle beasts! That being said, we are probably going to get something from this. It's our most promising storm yet. I hope it pans out.

    TROPICAL STORM LESLIE ADVISORY NUMBER 9
    NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL122012
    1100 AM AST SAT SEP 01 2012

    ...LESLIE STRUGGLING AGAINST SHEAR...