LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Anyway, good news. This storm is in our swell window now. Checked the south atlantic buoys. 25 foot plus se swell has been shipped and should arrive in about 50 hours. Swell for sure now I'm a happy camper. How long it lasts and local winds are another story.

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    looks like no one was right today...the swell is there but minimal. maybe at low tide it will be better. msw definetly is full of it stating its 3ft at 14s where the buoy is 2.3 at 11....wonder what **** they use
    Why do you even check magic seaweed? It's the worst site around. Their horrible. They try to give a forecast for each individual break. That's a big part of their problem. I've seen them give shoulder high forecasts the night before a swell and it barely knee high on multiple occasions.

The best days are going to be Friday and Sunday. Both days will have offshore winds and decently sized waves. Sunday will probably be the biggest of them all if you look at the swell chart, i'm thinking 6ft waves maybe.

looks like no one was right today...the swell is there but minimal. maybe at low tide it will be better. msw definetly is full of it stating its 3ft at 14s where the buoy is 2.3 at 11....wonder what **** they use

Yep, so much for 'the Sunday bump of swell from Kirk' that several prognosticators were calling for.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Why do you even check magic seaweed? It's the worst site around. Their horrible. They try to give a forecast for each individual break. That's a big part of their problem. I've seen them give shoulder high forecasts the night before a swell and it barely knee high on multiple occasions.
    MSW is good for forecasting in the Caribbean and Eastern Atlantic. Their forecasting for the US is a joke, but then what else do you expect from a bunch of Brits?

Images
    well i expect them to send me organic wax made from recycled tea leaves

I agree with the premise... and I gotta say, get some money and go surf somewhere consistent. Everyone knows the EC is hit and miss. Use your energy for good... not posting bogus **** on a stupid messageboard.

well i expect them to send me organic wax made from recycled tea leaves
    Would you like your wax in Earl Grey or English Breakfast? One lump or two?

How much swell can the nj/ny beaches handle before they start closing out?

Quote Originally Posted by skater View Post
    How much swell can the nj/ny beaches handle before they start closing out?
    Totally dependant on the individual sand bars. Look for a sandbar that extends far out and doesn't have a sharp drop off. Going to take lots of spot checking.