LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    thanks people---yeah we are on folly--- little better here than Myrtle but def not OBX--havent been up there in a while so it might have to happen. Spent the last month in mex in some HEAVY beachies and made sure to bring mis huevos back so no sweat on that front!
    As far as long period swells here go, we usually have to look for a different bar to surf cause the main ones wall right out----

Yo, anyone know where to launch some jetski's??? I'm thinking of a tow session at a break near you!

Images
    go to bouge peir brah it holds 20 second swells. Plzz dont go to the obx

Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    Yo, anyone know where to launch some jetski's??? I'm thinking of a tow session at a break near you!
    Tow in is a joke under 5 times overhead. You need 35 foot plus waves for that.
    Anyway a jet skit just a danger in the lineup. Think being hit by a surfboard hurts? Try a jetski. It will probably be fatal. Tow in is for 50 foot jaws. Not for a few feet overhead waves. Learn how to paddle into a wave.

Quote Originally Posted by ukelelesurf View Post
    thanks people---yeah we are on folly--- little better here than Myrtle but def not OBX--havent been up there in a while so it might have to happen. Spent the last month in mex in some HEAVY beachies and made sure to bring mis huevos back so no sweat on that front!
    As far as long period swells here go, we usually have to look for a different bar to surf cause the main ones wall right out----
    I lived at folly for a while a few years back... and, surfed all over the east coast as well as carribean and central america. OBX will be good this swell, and i will be there. so pumped, i have had trouble getting to sleep and focusing on work before waves come. get sum son

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Tow in is a joke under 5 times overhead. You need 35 foot plus waves for that.
    Anyway a jet skit just a danger in the lineup. Think being hit by a surfboard hurts? Try a jetski. It will probably be fatal. Tow in is for 50 foot jaws. Not for a few feet overhead waves. Learn how to paddle into a wave.
    nah, its cool. I get to steal all the waves from the locals trying to paddle in then give'em the stink eye for trying to paddle in on my waves. More waves for me.

Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    nah, its cool. I get to steal all the waves from the locals trying to paddle in then give'em the stink eye for trying to paddle in on my waves. More waves for me.
    That's probably why you surf solo, b/c you have no friends. I wonder how you operate the ski and ride a wave at the same time. just saying.
    Last edited by wang; Sep 4, 2012 at 10:45 AM.

Just a hint, but there are quite a few spots between you and the OBX that will hold any kind of swell you throw at it.

Just put on your thinking cap and look at bathymetry charts....

10. yeah bro grab your nads and go. 4.5ft at 13 seconds will be like a 6-8 ft face. 2.5@15 this morning was about head high on the face.