LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Undercalling the swell in NJ

It appears that the upcoming swell in being under-forecasted for NJ. 3.6-3.9ft at 12secs seems like it will be much larger than waist to chest as currently forecasted. On Tues it shows it reaches shoulder high but I'm thinking it could be 1-2ft OH.

Thoughts???

its all about what breaks you go to. The one I'm going to will certainly be OH, but others might not be.

Especially on Saturday/Sunday. Might reach 2-3ft overhead.

Images
    I think it is over calling for Tuesday and most of the swell will fill in on Wednesday.

PS... 3.6 ft @ 12 is showing up as stomach to shoulder high for monmouth county on Wednesday.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Sep 3, 2012 at 10:30 PM.

You will see an occasional head high wave for most decent breaks. Wednesday it is.

Images
    The sets were chest plus this morning in Maryland. Lots of water moving and already closing out 90 % of the time.

It's already overhead here in Va Beach dude... so yeah, expect overhead there !

Quote Originally Posted by surfsup View Post
    It appears that the upcoming swell in being under-forecasted for NJ. 3.6-3.9ft at 12secs seems like it will be much larger than waist to chest as currently forecasted. On Tues it shows it reaches shoulder high but I'm thinking it could be 1-2ft OH.

Thoughts???
    Underforecasted most likely, Examples: Sunday report at the Inlet down here was 1-2, but it actually was 2-3 w/3-4ft sets, yesterday's report said knee to thigh for the same spot, but was actually 3-4 with Shoulder / Head Sets. Surfline called it early in the week, and then they scailed it down a bit last second but they had it right originally.

Images
    Parts of Absecon Island were solid 5 to 6 foot sets...and by 5 to 6 foot in my scale means head high. Most waves were waist to chest.

in margate there were some big sets about 5 to 7 little peaky but fun

One man's chest high is another man's OH...