LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post
    Confession time...Little one bit me in the hand this AM at the coveted VB break. Seriously freaked me and probably a foot long judging by the lil bite marks. Drew blood but not much. More surprising than anything. Lil astard, I hope that's the worst this swell will bring.
    Maybe a Bluefish?

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Maybe a Bluefish?
    That's what I was thinking.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Maybe a Bluefish?
    thats what i was thinking too...even a bite from a baby shark would probably need stiches

I hope so, but it could be a trout. There are three open teeth marks spaced about as far apart as a trouts two fangs on my palm (if the trout had three teeth instead of two and spaced out 1/2" between each tooth mark). The more i thought about it, the more I wanted to contribute to this thread haha. That effer had me straight bleeding!

5. wait, there is a coveted vb break? I'd take a tiny shark attack for that info haha yeah yeah the jetty

Yeah... this just washed ashore where I'll be surfing in a few days.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1852502.html

That's the beach I always surf

I was tossing a beat on my SUP late last night, when I was struck by a great white shark right in the d*ck

Don't worry the dead white shark drifted over there from the cape. Haha. Getting sick of every morning hearing of another 16+ foot white shark swimming near beaches 5 miles away from where I surf. They really need to do something about the over population of seals here.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BloodOfThor View Post
    Don't worry the dead white shark drifted over there from the cape. Haha. Getting sick of every morning hearing of another 16+ foot white shark swimming near beaches 5 miles away from where I surf. They really need to do something about the over population of seals here.
    More sharks= More Dead seals= Less "threat" to humans. Face it, The sharks have always been there, the news just likes to blow everything out of proportion

Is it it overpopulation of seals? or Overfishing of areas that are home to everything the sharks/seals eat?

Heres an idea, we gotta reverse the entire way the world is treated, human dependence is causing **** to go wacky and its the worlds way of reacting. It's pretty weak when even the people that use the earth for recreation (surfers, fisherman, etc) are ignorant to fact. Understand the circle of life, its common sense. There is a reason for all of this.

I helped rescue a seal this winter, watched the release, it was a pretty empowering time. I hope that seal goes on to lead a good life and continue to "overpopulate" and make uncomfortable watertime for all of the "watermen" out there. http://getdirtyfeat.com/2012/08/31/the-spooner-story/