LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

close call with shark in wrightsville beach

surfing wrightsville last night when a shark surfaced and grabbed a fish about a yard away from me. i was the only one out, a fish jumped and a second later a spinner shark came up and struck what used to be about a foot long spanish. i paddled in so fast i was catching unbroken waves. scary as hell. this tropical wave could bring more warm water and sharks with it

Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    surfing wrightsville last night when a shark surfaced and grabbed a fish about a yard away from me. i was the only one out, a fish jumped and a second later a spinner shark came up and struck what used to be about a foot long spanish. i paddled in so fast i was catching unbroken waves. scary as hell. this tropical wave could bring more warm water and sharks with it
    Yesterday was not only great surf, but lots and I mean lots of bait fish pods running down the entire surf zone of the beach for as far as you could see. The most i think i've ever seen on one day, I was up on the SUP so I could see everything in the water. Barracuda pretty much ran the show, with a few small sharks making a few appearances. The Inlet is a very dangerous place when it's like that, but luckily it didn't end in tragedy, at least not that i know of.

Images
    damn!!! I was thinking before I clicked this thread watch it be about a shark in Wb and sure enough...hahaha got my spook on now, stay safe boys

Images
    "close call"......IDK, the shark did exactly as it meant to do.....ate what it normal eats and desires, and you are un-bitten. Let's hear it for the shark! LOL

I would have paddled my little ars in too!

Keep your feet up if you're surfing the 910. These bait fish have 99 problems & they are all sharks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    These bait fish have 99 problems & they are all sharks.
    Brahahahahaha! +1

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Barracuda pretty much ran the show, with a few small sharks making a few appearances. The Inlet is a very dangerous place when it's like that, but luckily it didn't end in tragedy, at least not that i know of.
    thought i saw some barracuda running but wasn't sure. im sitting much closer to the water than you are ha

Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    thought i saw some barracuda running but wasn't sure. im sitting much closer to the water than you are ha
    Yeah they must of been up and down the coast line, I was calling sets for guys and letting them know if there was something within 2ft of them, but if it wasn't that close I didn't say nothing because I don't wanna scare everybody for no reason, but yesterday was definite cause for concern with as much stuff as I saw. I was kinda glad I left the prone boards at home (hurt my wrist so I can't pop-up on it right now), but luckily caught some of the best waves I've ever ridden on that thing, what a day....

I've seen some big ones while spearing the jetties this past week. It's that time of the year.

Confession time...Little one bit me in the hand this AM at the coveted VB break. Seriously freaked me and probably a foot long judging by the lil bite marks. Drew blood but not much. More surprising than anything. Lil astard, I hope that's the worst this swell will bring.