LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leslie STILL aint moving! :) :)

Damn! Looks like waves until middle of next week! I'll believe when I see it, but keeping my fingers crossed! I'd give anythin if she just sat there fo 2 weeks. What's the longest swell event anyone can remember from a single hurricane? How many days in a row of at least waist high from the system?

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Damn! Looks like waves until middle of next week! I'll believe when I see it, but keeping my fingers crossed! I'd give anythin if she just sat there fo 2 weeks. What's the longest swell event anyone can remember from a single hurricane? How many days in a row of at least waist high from the system?
    Hurrican Felix back in that magical hurricane year of '95.

The 11 second average swell period was much better this afternoon/evening compared to the past 2 days in central Jersey. It got good before dark.

Shot this one empty one down the beach away from the crowds before heading out. Water was tropical this evening with lots of clear 3-4" size jellies. Can't understand all the wetsuit gear being worn when the water is that warm other than to minimize rash?

Surf averaged in the chest to shoulder high range with head high sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7 View Post
    Hurrican Felix back in that magical hurricane year of '95.

The 11 second average swell period was much better this afternoon/evening compared to the past 2 days in central Jersey. It got good before dark.

Shot this one empty one down the beach away from the crowds before heading out. Water was tropical this evening with lots of clear 3-4" size jellies. Can't understand all the wetsuit gear being worn when the water is that warm other than to minimize rash?
    Nice pic, brother... Can't believe I'm seeing people out in FULL suits! wow... But I'll admit I'm finally gonna put on the springer today. I'm so rashed up taking a shower is actually painful. I'm raw in places I didn't know you could get rash.

I saw a full suiter with booties yesterday..

Hate to blow up spots but...my little bro lives in Stockton and surfed last night around the AC area and tried telling me he got the best barrels of his life..was anyone down there?..bc I drove up and down Monmouth County and it honestly wasn't worth going out..this is in the PM btw, AM was pretty fun

id like to add he never surfed Bill, Egor, and doesn't go out in the winter...so best in his life could just mean average make-able barrels for any of us

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Nice pic, brother... Can't believe I'm seeing people out in FULL suits! wow... But I'll admit I'm finally gonna put on the springer today. I'm so rashed up taking a shower is actually painful. I'm raw in places I didn't know you could get rash.
    I for one don't own a spring suit, or rash guard for that matter, so i'll be wearing a 3/2. Haven't been out since early August, if the waters the same temp i'll most likely be taking it off. Can't stand sweating.

you do not need a 3/2, water is warm

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkupdog View Post
    I saw a full suiter with booties yesterday..

Hate to blow up spots but...my little bro lives in Stockton and surfed last night around the AC area and tried telling me he got the best barrels of his life..was anyone down there?..bc I drove up and down Monmouth County and it honestly wasn't worth going out..this is in the PM btw, AM was pretty fun
    I agree- monmouth was better in the am yesterday... but i still had tons of fun after work!!! it was just more crowded.... peeling -rides all the way in. idk about any barrels tho- it just wasn't throwing much...

Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    I agree- monmouth was better in the am yesterday... but i still had tons of fun after work!!! it was just more crowded.... peeling -rides all the way in. idk about any barrels tho- it just wasn't throwing much...
    What part in Monmouth County? I felt like I was waiting all day for the tide turn shaping it up better but it never really did. There were waves..but walled up and funky, not many shoulders peeling off. I am chalking it up that the winter sand pumping they did messed with the sand bars, but I don't know. Yesterday I got kind of skunked.

Quote Originally Posted by windswellsucks View Post
    you do not need a 3/2, water is warm
    It's all PERSONAL. Everyone is different. I was cold with with my 3/2 after 2 hours. I'm a tropical guy. Cold and me don't mix. Yeah....yeah laugh away.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Sep 7, 2012 at 04:36 PM.