LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    What an absolute joke. Can't handle paddling into a head high wave then take up another sport. Also,talk about a public safety danger. Good way to kill/seriously injure someone. That should be illegal. Any "boats/jet ski's" should have to stay a certain distance from the beach for the safety of swimmers and surfers.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    yea, i would pass that up. i hate the smell, the sound, & the sight of those damn things. the only thing they're good for is as a life-saving device (a la hawaiian style) or towing into massive bombs that can't/shouldn't be paddled.
    EXACTLY. If you want to tow in....stop pretending and go to jaws when it's 50 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    What an absolute joke. Can't handle paddling into a head high wave then take up another sport. Also,talk about a public safety danger. Good way to kill/seriously injure someone. That should be illegal. Any "boats/jet ski's" should have to stay a certain distance from the beach for the safety of swimmers and surfers.
    Down here at the Inlet they constantly have to get on the megaphone and tell boats AND jet ski's to move it at least 150 yards away from the surfzone. The lifeguards / police usually handle this pretty well.

I live in Jersey, about 5 miles north of Belmar, and this was really embarrassing to read. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Lol, tow in? In FL!?! Holy Toledo, that is so funny.
    Belmar is NJ. You can't tow in in Florida, the red algae gums up the jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Agabinet View Post
    Lol, sorry, I'm not too familiar with the surf breaks of the East Coast. For some odd reason I thought Belmar was FL.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I want to see someone towing into a 4-6' wave.
    Just watch any of those Wild Life videos...

Why are you addressing the tow guys on an internet site well after the fact ?
    Why didn't you and the rest of the guys do something about it then and there ?

I was there.....here is a picture of a few of them getting out of their car.

kook_surfing_car.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Agabinet View Post
    watch surf nrg vol2(not sure) but cj,matt kechele,baron knowlton tow reef road and its the size of teaupoo,yes on the eastcoast.dont cry about ppl towin in,they do that so they can pick off the best waves.just watch the wild lyfe series