LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    To each his own. All I know is that I'm surfed out this week, and I'm about to reward myself with a couple of bottles of beer before I crash tonight

Not epic all time east coast but def. Some size and lines, alot of closeouts but plenty of sections to be had and barrels, at least in the obx, even though majority of spots weren't working great.

Well finally got it good. Leslie's a nice little whore now!

it is spot dependent. Local winds have been an issues during this swell here in OCMD. We have had bright moments and clean conditions by not like all day everyday But we have had waves and plenty of them. some decent size, and not so closed out after the Weds. EVeryone seems to be happy, other then Thurs AM rain storm/lighting. In some ways it has been a litttle wonky, so much sand churned up, rips all other the place, etc.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by primo View Post
    I hate when people talk up ****ty surf. Why can't you all be honest. At least here in SNC this swell has been terrible. Just long dumping lines. Maybe it is better in some spots but overall this swell has been the same big close out surf everyday. In my opinion the worse surfer you are the better your gonna think this surf is cause it has some size and some power. But overall this surf is very poor for any good surfer.
    I've heard some places have been fun like OBX, where it can hold the size but for the most part this swell was a big dissapointment.
    there was some fun ones in CB this week, but i'd agree that the event did not fulfill the anticipation here in SE NC. first thing in the am was the best bet all week, but even then, that SSW wind took a lot of the fun out of it. all things considered, I had way more fun on Saturday 8/25 than anything i saw this week. but hey, i surfed every day so things could always be worse.

i'm up in AC NJ now, hoping for better tomorrow and Sunday and the forecast for next week looks sweet up here.

Images
    what is surfing? the gulf doesn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    This past Sunday I was out catching 3-5ft glassy perfect waves for hours without any end in sight, and judging by the cams it hasn't let up, not one bit.

While I was paddling back from catching a perfect left hander this guy tells me "Man, this is really challenging, i'm not catching much, how about you?"

Reply: "I've been catching chest to head high lefts and rights for the last couple hours, it was better earlier, but it's still going strong".

Random guy: "Yeah, I just think the tide is wrong or the wind isn't cooperating"......
    Good one.

Those are likely SOME (not all) of the so-called 'Senior Members' (aka membranes) that post the negative drivel on this forum.

Meaning, it's Nature. Some spots will be firing & some will not be firing. It's not a ball field, where you walk onto it & the place is manicured. It's the ocean & sometimes it's good for surfing & sometimes it's not. It is what it is. If people want to ***** about it, they should call their GF or their therapist.

It is what it is.
    Last edited by yankee; Sep 8, 2012 at 02:50 AM.

Southern NC has been a real disappointment. Surfed just straight the past 2 days. went to CB and it wasn't closing out as much but nothing to write home about. Wishing I was back home in Jersey. My friend txted me yesterday stating "I have never seen such good waves for so long in my entire life on the east coast". fack. I surfed tonight, waist-stomach high fun peak off a jetty, little wedge, but I fricken bought a new performance board looking to be pulling in.

On another note, who saw the live broadcast of OBX today? Gnarley. should've went north, ey?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Good one.

Meaning, it's Nature. Some spots will be firing & some will not be firing. It's not a ball field, where you walk onto it & the place is manicured. It's the ocean & sometimes it's good for surfing & sometimes it's not. It is what it is. If people want to ***** about it, they should call their GF or their therapist.

It is what it is.
    ^This
    Don't tell me this swell ain't got no heart, just gotta poke around(for all the heads out there).

Images
    vb was good today...went to dam neck and they had some shoulder high sets semi clean conditions