LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Images
    The swell is moderately ok. I found some waves, but most places in my area have been closing out, even where it's usually better. I'd take a no-name peaky windswell with a west wind over this swell if I had a choice. And since the storm has been just sitting there and always has a cloud filled eye or windshear or is asymetric or some other crap there really isn't much excitement weather-wise.

Had a good 4 -hour session this morning, had lunch and watched the Patriots beat Tennessee. The sets were solid shoulder to head high and lining up with offshore winds.

Rhode Island has some fun point breaks that are taking the swells from Leslie with no problem.

The beaches are hit or miss, but have been ridable.

I know this will piss some people off, but Ruggles Ave. in Newport can handle almost any swell that hits it from Hurricanes because it is a true point break. There are plenty more in Rhode Island and the Islands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjUzY...feature=relmfu

Pros like Ian Walsh and Garrett McNamara have made the trip here when it gets big. No bull****.

I say to our brothers from New Jersey to Florida to make a trip up here next Hurricane swell and check it out.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Scobeyville... Irene was about as good as it gets around here. It was absolutely ON for that one day, that we'll all remember for our lifetimes.

But sitting here, exhausted... stinging, bloodshot eyes... rashed up and sea lice bitten... sunburned face... totally surfed out... I couldn't bee happier.

You got that right...it was on today, overhead and offshore winds...i was in heaven my friend
    I forgot to mention something really weird happened to me today, i was sitting in the line up this afternoon and a friggin 4ft. shark was on top of the water swimming right for me, he was about 5ft. away, i slapped the water several times hoping it would scare him...it did...30+ years of surfing , that was a first. Scared the hell out of me...lol
    Last edited by fl.surfdog; Sep 10, 2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: added stuff

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GnarActually View Post
    Southern NC has been a real disappointment. Surfed just straight the past 2 days. went to CB and it wasn't closing out as much but nothing to write home about. Wishing I was back home in Jersey. My friend txted me yesterday stating "I have never seen such good waves for so long in my entire life on the east coast". fack. I surfed tonight, waist-stomach high fun peak off a jetty, little wedge, but I fricken bought a new performance board looking to be pulling in.

On another note, who saw the live broadcast of OBX today? Gnarley. should've went north, ey?
    AC NJ was sweeeet this morning - chest high clean rollers that were just a dream to ride with very few close-outs. far better than anything i saw in SE NC all week - you Jersey guys really did well this time around and you've got another couple of days of good clean surf on the menu. i had to leave after the morning session and head south, but i'm totally stoked for you guys coz i was lucky enough to get a taste of it as well.
    for the SE NC guys, this was not our time...we'll get it next time.

yeah I did get a great day er I started this thread and a bunch of mediocre days so what the hell. a good start. keep em coming!