LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the new normal

the new normal

so is this it? 20 threads on a medium period chest to head swell? this has to be the most overhyped, over talked swell of all time. i know we're all wave starved but try and act like you've been here before. it's getting embarrassing yo

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    so is this it? 20 threads on a medium period chest to head swell? this has to be the most overhyped, over talked swell of all time. i know we're all wave starved but try and act like you've been here before. it's getting embarrassing yo
    No disrespect, but I don't understand threads that call out other threads about over hyping. It just continues the perpetual cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by actionpants View Post
    No disrespect, but I don't understand threads that call out other threads about over hyping. It just continues the perpetual cycle.
    we're beyond overhyped so just trying to provide some perspective.

Images
    you are what you are posting about...there have been 20 threads on overhype...so STFU!

agreed. There should just be one thread, and subsequent threads should be deleted.

20 is being generous. it's probably closer to 30. i know we aren't cali here but they just had 4 days of solid long period south hemi and there's barely a mention of it on their message boards. east coast surfers love to overcompensate and act 'core' yet they act like giddy little girls the first time a bump rolls through in the fall. like solo says, at least keep it to one or two threads. logging on and seeing ten threads about what leash to use is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    you are what you are posting about...there have been 20 threads on overhype...so STFU!
    i know this is tough for you to wrap your brain around, but i'm not hyping a swell with this thread.

i know this is tough for you to wrap your brain around, but i'm not hyping a swell with this thread.
    Right, but you're hyping the overhyping threads, so there's not much difference in underlying behavior.

I'm completely with you on this one Travy. We've got a few folks on here that are super-hyping this mild swell and then getting wicked pissed at anyone who's got the guts to set the record straight.

I appreciate your comments! If they can create 20 threads on this "swell of the century", then certainly we're allowed one or two threads of our own. Haha, keep up the good work!

Hey man who cares about playing it cool? Like we have to act like chest to head high swell isn't a big deal so surfers in california think we're cool? I get super excited for clean knee high waves and I'm not afraid to admit it! If you don't, then I feel bad for you!