LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by PhiloSurfer View Post
    On your account, I stand corrected, sir. Sounds like your visit to Pete's shop coincided with the time-frame during which Pete was having some of his well-known "issues" (which ultimately led to the sale of his shop). This doesn't excuse him from responsibility for your negative experience, but does help to put it into perspective.

God knows, we've all screwed people over at some point during our lives, whether intentionally or not. Probably good on all accounts that there was no firebombing involved!
    yeah, fuggum just the same. I've never screwed anyone over.
    we all have issues. it's all in how you deal with them. Not being in control of your own life isn't an excuse for bad behavior. that's what prisons are for.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Whalebone is the one next to Fresh Market right? That store barely had anything. There were maybe 10 used boards in the second level. But everything else were flip-flops, sunglass, watches.
    That place is alright. I've scored solidly on multiple occasions (regarding product). I will go there again

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Yes you are. It's not possible to not stop at 7-11 for something. I don't even go near the slurpees and for those who do, I'm sure it's lights out, season ticket.
    Damn you Emass, you are probably right. LOL Actually, I am not a 7-11 fan and I haven't had a slurpee in years. Usually its Wa Wa or the place that wreaks like cooking oil, Royal Farms, but, if 7-11 was my only option, i'd stop in.

WaWa ftw. Haven't been to a 7-11 in eons.

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Man, I was saying this to my buds this week in SD. I forget why, but we kept saying it and laughing. FC is such a good flick.
    Definitely one of my favorite movies, makes ya think, but has plenty of knucklehead fighting action as well, Tyler was right about the world...

Images
    You are not your f**king khakis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^ SS knows what i'm talking about

Read a lot of opinions and they all make sense (except firebombing)
    Here's my take..
    1st - I like being left alone and not asked if I need help like a car salesman. If I need help I ask for it.
    2nd - If someone is being a douche I'll be a douche right back. If it's not the owner I won't hold a grudge as long as I like the product. I know it's frustrating to give money to people you don't like, but if it's just one dude I'd let it go ... I may even tell the owner he has a douche working for him. You should also do this if someone is super helpful. Maybe you can help them get a raise, or at least some job security.

You never know what's going on in someone's life. You may be catching them on a bad day... I find that if you're cool to people they are generally cool back. And some are just co*ksu*kers...Don't let one co*ksu*ker ruin an otherwise cool spot.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    He's destroying a business that someone built. He's pissing on the job opportunity that whoever owns WRV enabled him to have. At the very least, Shane is in the wrong business. Shane is unhelpful, totally rude, & does not understand client service as a business.
    you're exactly right. a lot of sweat went in to the creation of wrv and the owner would be disappointed to hear about your experience. that's not how it should be, especially from a flagship store like the one in vb. my beach has dozens of stores, but i only stick to one for this very reason. even so, the shop i frequent the most is really hit or miss, but i like to shop local, so i'll bite the bullet.

most shops usually have some tough dude working behind the counter that thinks he's the greatest surfer alive. to him, i'm just some random person that probably just started surfing and has no idea what im talking about. a month ago, i checking out longboards at a popular shop. i pulled out a christenson pig and a wannabe tough guy comes up and says "whoa buddy, are you looking to buy or to rent?" i could not believe it. i don't wear surf clothing, so im guessing that was it, but still. this wasn't my first experience like this. i've had a chick swear up and down that a 7'8" funshape is a "longboard." when i threw up a counter thought, she got all defensive and told me that i was "mistaken." one dude even tried to sell me a set of kelly slater fcs fins for my performance longboard. his reasoning? "kelly slater is the best surfer and these are his fins." i was honestly expecting him to break out in song after that. he was dead serious too.

i worked at a shop when i was a teenager. best years of my life. my boss always used to tell us to have "open ears and open minds." he also used to walk in drunk during the night shift and say things like "just cause you wear a name tag doesn't mean you know everything about surfing." we didn't even wear name tags, but he was right. you never know who is going to walk through that door and you have to be prepared for anything. the customer is always right.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    one dude even tried to sell me a set of kelly slater fcs fins for my performance longboard. his reasoning? "kelly slater is the best surfer and these are his fins." i was honestly expecting him to break out in song after that. he was dead serious too.
    lol.

I have a set of K fins (K board too). They are just another set of fins.

Rest of your post is spot on.