LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    oh boy here we go....what does experience tell you? surfers put surfing above all else most of the time. we live near beaches with crap job prospects, take off work at the drop of a hat for surfing. Many can act professional but there still the love of surfing that trumps all. In addition, the op ONLY gave his side of the story and there are usually two. was he rude first? possibly, but even if the shop employee real was a complete douche why whine about it on here, in fact why even buy the stuff there? just walk out and hit up another shop.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    @roos3342 So you fill out an order form and that's how you get a 'custom' board? That sux if that's how it is done with these big name shapers nowadays.

I've never really had any luck with custom board anyways. All of my boards are locally shaped, but the ones I use all the time are stock boards, not customized.
    I've had 2 boards shaped by Rusty. The guy who worked with me over the phone & email is 'Rex.' He asked me questions at the start of the process, asked more questions during the process & kept me in the loop without me having to ping him to ask how my boards were coming along. This guy, Rex, was truly superb at client service. The boards are great, too, btw...

Austin Saunders @ Austin Surfboards
    Rex @ Rusty

They get it. As a result, they get my business.

You Yankees are always in such a damn hurry. Look sometimes if you slow the f*ck down for 5 minutes when you come through my town you won't run over as many cats. That 5 minutes at the register is the price your benny a55 pays to visit these sacred lands. And WTF man do you expect some southern hospitality? Some mother f**king sweet tea? I shine yo shoes? Get over it. Some tourist rolls into a surf shop and throws around his hundred dollars like it means something, get the f*ck out of here. I bet you stunk the whole place up with the stinch of pepperoni pizza and hair gel. Look around at who really surfs in this town, and what they are riding (almost exclusively WRV). Get over yourself, NOBODY OWES YOU ANYTHING.

How was first street?
    Last edited by leethestud; Sep 10, 2012 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    @roos3342 So you fill out an order form and that's how you get a 'custom' board? That sux if that's how it is done with these big name shapers nowadays.

I've never really had any luck with custom board anyways. All of my boards are locally shaped, but the ones I use all the time are stock boards, not customized.
    That's how it was when I did it in 2008 and tried again in 2010. It was not always like that back in the day when my dad was getting stuff done. Then again, it's a completely different time and I understand that. I guess, as to be expected, the owners were more involved in the companies day to day operations then they seem to be now. The owner is a good guy, if you can talk to him.

Yankee - I have never worked with Rusty, but I have talked to and worked w/ Austin and he has been great to work with. I have also worked w/ Bryan Wynn in NJ and he was always helpful and kept you in the loop as was Scott Busby @ Natural Art Surfshop in Buxton, NC...

Images
    njsurfer42 recommened scott busby...i think ill give him a whirl next time. wrv owes me a free longboard just to shred 1st st to....shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    You Yankees are always in such a damn hurry. Look sometimes if you slow the f*ck down for 5 minutes when you come through my town you won't run over as many cats. That 5 minutes at the register is the price your benny a55 pays to visit these sacred lands. And WTF man do you expect some southern hospitality? Some mother f**king sweet tea? I shine yo shoes? Get over it. Some tourist rolls into a surf shop and throws around his hundred dollars like it means something, get the f*ck out of here. I bet you stunk the whole place up with the stinch of pepperoni pizza and hair gel. Look around at who really surfs in this town, and what they are riding (almost exclusively WRV). Get over yourself, NOBODY OWES YOU ANYTHING.

How was first street?
    Awesome, dude. Completely awesome. Thank you!

You are the definition of a kook.

You are a kook, you don't surf that much no one knows you and you are mad grrrrrrrrrr, dumas with little man syndrome . Go sit on your board in another state kook. Talking all that s*** about Shane over "thats it for you" you need help bro. I don't know where you shop at but you must be dumb or blind and all of a sudden woke up at WRV. WRV is the S*** you are a kook that thinks he is to cool to wait, when the staff are helping better customers and you obviously see that. Wait your turn like your daddy told you b****.

you are
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I support 'local surf shops.' Includes WRV. Might get a board bag for less money on dogfunk.com? Yes. I have stayed local.

I stopped by WRV VA B last week. Was looking for boards & board bags. Selected a board bag on my own, because after 10 minutes of being ignored by WRV staff I figured it out on my own. Selected a board bag, unhooked it & brought it to the counter. And then waited 5 mins. I know it was 5 mins, because I clocked it. Where in this world of gringo North American consumerism does anyone wait 5 minutes at a counter to purchase goods?

WRV. That's where.

The worst was yet to come. As I'm standing there at the counter, waiting, looking at bars of wax & assorted whatevers, an employee, approximately late 30's, named 'Shane' appears. "That it?" he grunts at me. I say excuse me? "Is that it?!" Shane states with a bit more eff you in his voice. I say, well, I'd like 3 bars of warm water wax & 4 bars of cold water wax. Shane slaps the wax on the counter & says that's $ 81.45. I say, uh, I'm guessing that you're not one of the owners? Shane: "huh?" Me: well, I'm not hearing much customer service here in your customer service business, and I don't like the way you just barked at me "that's it?." Shane says, "Don't know what to tell you, man." I say, well then, could I get a bag for the wax? And I hand him a Benjo, he hands me my change, doesn't say thank you, nothing at all, just stares at me like I don't belong there in WRV & like I'm not welcome at all.
    I finally break: I say, "I gotta tell ya, you're a jackass."

Which, Shane is. A Jackass. He's destroying a business that someone built. He's pissing on the job opportunity that whoever owns WRV enabled him to have. At the very least, Shane is in the wrong business. Shane is unhelpful, totally rude, & does not understand client service as a business.

I own a service business. I would never stand for this treatment of my clients. If I heard it, his Manager would have to restrain me from firing his arse & from firing his staffer's arse.
    Our clients will be treated as gold, nothing less, always !

This guy Shane would be in re-training in 2 seconds. If he didn't get it, it he didn't want to get it, see ya, find a job with the county government where people really, truly are just marking time & collecting a paycheck & screwing businesses with higher taxes.

I have heard from other friends & associates that their experiences with WRV mirrors mine. WRV must be creaming the tourists for the 90 day rack-it-up spell every summer.

My experiences with rusty.com, whiskeymilitia.com, dogfunk.com, and many other online retailers is friendly, professional, helpful.

Hello, WRV...?! That's what retail is, you clowns.

I would not return to WRV, and I would not recommend WRV to anyone. No wonder the 'local surf shop' is getting its arse handed to itself via the Internet shops.
    Last edited by confederate; Sep 22, 2012 at 02:43 AM.

marketing man

[QUOTE=confederate;139652]You are a kook, you dont surf that much no one knows you and you are made grrrrrrrrrr, dumas with little man syndrome . Go sit on your board in another state kook try West Virginia hick. Talking all that s*** about Shane over "thats it for you" you need help bro. I dont now where you shop at but you must be dumb or blind and all of a sudden woke up at WRV. WRV is the S*** you are a kook that thinks he is to cool to wait, when the staff are helping better customers and you obviously see that. Wait your turn like your daddy told b****.

Looks & sounds like WRV finally found a top-notch marketing person.

NOYA!! Baby!

Die hard local bra' only place true locals go. The other shops are a joke. Mahalo kook.