LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anything over 20+ knots offshore and I'm usually just taking off blind. No like

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    this nails it. i don't understand the fascination a lot of surfers have now w/ onshore winds.
    I think the light onshores/rampy conditions preferred for boosting and landing airs are gaining favor. Just a guess, if so another case of something good for 1% of surfers being adopted by the other 99%
    Last edited by scotty; Sep 11, 2012 at 05:01 PM.

Images
    Light off shore or on shore is great with me.

This last week I must have paddle 10 miles or more and had so much trouble dropping in. When the wind is over 10, maybe 15 off shore, I just cant seem to get my long board to drop in.....and then I fine myself blown too far out.....then I paddle in and they wall up forever.....so I paddle further in only to find myself in a shyt storm of breaking waves.

Don't get me wrong, I saw plenty of surfer able to drop in with the higher winds.....but I guess my little girlie muscles just don't have the power to push me down the face. It's really humiliating. (I'm not sure when my self esteem got caught up with my surfing, but it has.)

Mid to late Sunday the wind dropped to 5 off shore.....it was amazing......I caught everything I tried for.

So there's my 2 kook's worth

well if your surfing beaches you want stiff offshores to hold em up. points ill take light offshores. hell Ill take any offshore.Ill even take onshore and go kiteboarding.

Quote Originally Posted by littlerhody View Post
    well if your surfing beaches you want stiff offshores to hold em up. points ill take light offshores. hell Ill take any offshore.Ill even take onshore and go kiteboarding.
    So what you're saying is you just love you some wind?

I prefer offshore at 0 mph.

I always prefer offshores, but light onshore isn't all that bad depending on where you are surfing. Light onshore can make a break that usually shuts down have a little more line on it, but just depends on where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I always prefer offshores, but light onshore isn't all that bad depending on where you are surfing. Light onshore can make a break that usually shuts down have a little more line on it, but just depends on where you are.
    Agreed, some spots can be a little too deep but a slight onshore can give it a little more juice.