LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why all Go Pro Videos blow

I have yet to ever see a Go-Pro video that was not from the perspective of looking at the person surfing. Real original, plus nobody wants to stare at your kook face while the frame is all shaky and crappy from you chop hops. Why is it that anyone who owns a go pro and that is like more than half to @ssbags in the water these days have to have it on the nose of their board looking at them. That perspective sucks! Get over yourselves.
    If you are going to use it for your own improvement i.e. see what your doing wrong or where you can improve, thats great good for you. But if you are going to make, edit and post it to share on the internet change up the perspective you selfish attention whores.

I hook mine to my balls.

if you are good enough, you don't need to video yourself, somebody else will do it for you.

simple solution... dont watch them

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SJerzSrfr View Post
    yea dude stfu, go check out the wildlyfe videos

Quote Originally Posted by SJerzSrfr View Post
    what he said. thread over.

Actually saw some jk off with one on a stick this past Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by NJSur4 View Post
    I have yet to ever see a Go-Pro video that was not from the perspective of looking at the person surfing. Real original, plus nobody wants to stare at your kook face while the frame is all shaky and crappy from you chop hops. Why is it that anyone who owns a go pro and that is like more than half to @ssbags in the water these days have to have it on the nose of their board looking at them. That perspective sucks! Get over yourselves.
    If you are going to use it for your own improvement i.e. see what your doing wrong or where you can improve, thats great good for you. But if you are going to make, edit and post it to share on the internet change up the perspective you selfish attention whores.
    I use mine for two reasons.. 1. self improvement and 2. I enjoy reliving the session sometimes.
    I don't take it all the time but would be more likely to bring it with me if the surf is particularly good. The vids are for my use and not for editing and making surf vids.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    I enjoy reliving the session sometimes.
    Im the same way. I got the gopro about 5 years ago now and at first i was siked to see all the waves and put together some clips. I quickly realized the front angle makes for terrible surfing footage. There is nothing like going out for an epic barrel session with the gopro, coming back home and watching all the waves you caught on camera, bad quality or not. Over the years i have found i use it much more for things other than surfing. The cameras are great, reliable and practically indestructible. As someone said above, if you dont like it dont watch it.

i agree watching those gopro vids are lame. i recently got a gopro but i have only used it with the wrist mount, never wanted to stick the other mount on my board because that angle is crap. however i been kinda stoked from my wrists point of view.

edit- hears some perspective Screen shot 2012-09-06 at 9.27.53 AM.jpg
    Last edited by staystoked; Sep 12, 2012 at 04:42 AM.