LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Do not buy hyperflex products - they do not stand behind them

I hate to have to trash a local company but after my experience with Hypeflex I have no choice. I had read good reviews on the company and liked that they were from NJ so i decided to buy some of their stuff (over the past year i have a 3/2 fullsuit, polypro rash guard, and some booties and gloves). At the end of the season two years ago I bought a new 2011 AMP 5/4/3 wetsuit and was initially happy with the product. I wore it once or twice and then the water warmed up and I put it away for the season. However, after about 5 sessions of use this past winter I went to put the suit on and noticed the zipper had come off and three teeth were broken. I was able to fight it and get the zipper back on to get me through the session. When I got home I emailed the company to tell them what happened and ask if I could ship it back to have the zipper repaired. After ignoring my initial email, I followed up and finally got a response telling me they did not have zippers in stock and that I should try to get someone else to fix it. Needless to say I couldn't find anyone that had a zipper that would work or a machine that would go through the suit. I called Hyperflex back and they again told me I was **** out of luck and there was nothing they would do. So basically I bought a brand new suit that is now totally useless. And the companies response was too bad. My 3/2 is now beginning to fall apart as well (taped seams coming undone, draw strings starting to tear). Bottom line is you get what you pay for. This company sells low priced products because they use low quality materials. I had a friend ship his excel suit back for a similar issue and they replaced it with a new suit (it took forever to get it back tho) and they are a much bigger company that probably doesn't need his business as bad. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra bucks for a different brand suit. I saved 100 bucks on the initial purchase but now I have to buy another suit so it is going to cost me more than double. They make **** products and worst of all DO NOT stand behind them. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

So you created a profile today and this is your 1st post?

Good review man. Sorry you had a bad experience. I bet this will help others who are looking into buying suits from these guys. Always have had good luck with O'neill. I used to be able to take my suits down to their factory in Nat.City and they'd repair them there.

ah... this is a bs post... seems like every year around this time someone comes here and bashes hyperflex. Its kinda funny. All my suits from hyperflex are tip top.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    ah... this is a bs post... seems like every year around this time someone comes here and bashes hyperflex. Its kinda funny. All my suits from hyperflex are tip top.
    I've never heard a negative word about them until now.

Images
    I have a 4/3 and a 5/4/3 plus various other products from hyperflex and love them all except the lobster claw gloves (not a big deal) had the 4/3 for 3 years now and holding together great.

wonder what hyperflex's side of the story would sound like

Quote Originally Posted by brandx View Post
    wonder what hyperflex's side of the story would sound like
    this.

you can't expect 100% of people to be 100% happy w/ everything. some people are going to be stoked on hyperflex (mattjohnson), others are not. personally, i think rip curl makes the best mainstream wetsuits on the market, but i know some people can't stand them & have had bad experiences w/ their suits. i've had bad suits from rip curl, too, but my overall experience has been positive.

I can only speak for hyperflex 5 mil boots, which i bought four years ago. They fit well, but always filled with water quickly. By the second season, they both had split seams and my feet froze. A friend of mine had the exact same issues with the same boots. We both swore them off. By now, I'd bet that hyperflex has improved their quality, but i'll probably never go back to find out.
    I've since gone with oneills and my homeboy went with excels. The oneill and excels are far superior and going into their third seasons in perfect condition.
    Like most high performance gear, you get what you pay for.

I think that its important to remember that the original post is most likely a spammer who sells a different brand of wetsuit...

hyperflex is the only suit i wear,since its the only one i can afford.i support them 100%.i dont doubt your claims that your suit lost a zipper or whatever,but you get what u pay for.you pay 200$ for a 5/4/3 when quiksilver charges 500$.hyperflex suits dont last long,u get what u pay for but i still support them