LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Do not buy hyperflex products - they do not stand behind them

I hate to have to trash a local company but after my experience with Hypeflex I have no choice. I had read good reviews on the company and liked that they were from NJ so i decided to buy some of their stuff (over the past year i have a 3/2 fullsuit, polypro rash guard, and some booties and gloves). At the end of the season two years ago I bought a new 2011 AMP 5/4/3 wetsuit and was initially happy with the product. I wore it once or twice and then the water warmed up and I put it away for the season. However, after about 5 sessions of use this past winter I went to put the suit on and noticed the zipper had come off and three teeth were broken. I was able to fight it and get the zipper back on to get me through the session. When I got home I emailed the company to tell them what happened and ask if I could ship it back to have the zipper repaired. After ignoring my initial email, I followed up and finally got a response telling me they did not have zippers in stock and that I should try to get someone else to fix it. Needless to say I couldn't find anyone that had a zipper that would work or a machine that would go through the suit. I called Hyperflex back and they again told me I was **** out of luck and there was nothing they would do. So basically I bought a brand new suit that is now totally useless. And the companies response was too bad. My 3/2 is now beginning to fall apart as well (taped seams coming undone, draw strings starting to tear). Bottom line is you get what you pay for. This company sells low priced products because they use low quality materials. I had a friend ship his excel suit back for a similar issue and they replaced it with a new suit (it took forever to get it back tho) and they are a much bigger company that probably doesn't need his business as bad. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra bucks for a different brand suit. I saved 100 bucks on the initial purchase but now I have to buy another suit so it is going to cost me more than double. They make **** products and worst of all DO NOT stand behind them. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

So you created a profile today and this is your 1st post?

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    So you created a profile today and this is your 1st post?
    Just curious, DawnPatrolSup -- why would that matter? Wouldn't wanting to warn others be a good reason to become a member?

Good review man. Sorry you had a bad experience. I bet this will help others who are looking into buying suits from these guys. Always have had good luck with O'neill. I used to be able to take my suits down to their factory in Nat.City and they'd repair them there.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Good review man. Sorry you had a bad experience. I bet this will help others who are looking into buying suits from these guys. Always have had good luck with O'neill. I used to be able to take my suits down to their factory in Nat.City and they'd repair them there.
    I've always bought O'Neill suits and have been more than happy with them. My old 4/3 ripped at the seams, but I take full responsibility, seeing as how i didn't properly rinse it after every session, but it still lasted me 3-4 years. One thing I've learned through experience, spending a little more for a better product is always a win-win. I have no experience with hyperflex suits, so I'm not really sure why i posted...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    I've always bought O'Neill suits and have been more than happy with them. My old 4/3 ripped at the seams, but I take full responsibility, seeing as how i didn't properly rinse it after every session, but it still lasted me 3-4 years. One thing I've learned through experience, spending a little more for a better product is always a win-win. I have no experience with hyperflex suits, so I'm not really sure why i posted...lol.
    I just posted 'cause I didn't want the original poster to think that what he or she was saying wasn't a good post. I didn't see anything wrong with it, whether it was a first post or billionth. I'm an opinionated mutherfocker though. Wetsuits don't last forever, neither do boards, good swells, your favorite dog, a bottle of Maker's Mark or a bag of the diggitty. A real good woman'll prolly out last ya though. Actuarial tables don't lie with a large enough sample population. Good car'll outlast you and the woman if you take care of it. My only advice about wetsuits is, buy 'em off season. You can get some great deals at the beginning of spring or right at the end of summer. End of spring most shops are trying to make room for summer inventory. End of summer, they have the new winter suits coming in, so they clear out last year's inventory. I usually pick up my suits at about 50-75% off retail. I'm not too picky since O'neill moved manufacturing from the US to Thailand (d!ck heads' O'neill not the Thais) I really don't care what brand they are, just as long as they hold together and keep my nuts from freezing. I saw some pretty nice Matuses for about 380$ down at Mitch's 3 weeks ago when I was picking' up some resin. Hard to beat, but a little too rich for my blood, plus I picked up a quicksilver infuse(?) last spring at Hansen's big sale for a $buck 90. Timings is everythin'.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Sep 13, 2012 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Gramma

ah... this is a bs post... seems like every year around this time someone comes here and bashes hyperflex. Its kinda funny. All my suits from hyperflex are tip top.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    ah... this is a bs post... seems like every year around this time someone comes here and bashes hyperflex. Its kinda funny. All my suits from hyperflex are tip top.
    I've never heard a negative word about them until now.

Images
    Lesson here: Don't break your zipper.

Images
    I have a 4/3 and a 5/4/3 plus various other products from hyperflex and love them all except the lobster claw gloves (not a big deal) had the 4/3 for 3 years now and holding together great.

wonder what hyperflex's side of the story would sound like