LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Outlook on Sunday

With Nadine basically doing a complete U-Turn back out into the Atlantic. How do you guys think the waves will fare up for sunday since swellinfo and others are calling for a pretty clean decent day? Im From NJ btw
    Last edited by john219921; Sep 13, 2012 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by john219921 View Post
    With Nadine basically doing a complete U-Turn back out into the Atlantic. How do you guys think the waves will fare up for sunday since swellinfo and others are calling for a pretty clean decent day?
    Not sure about NJ, but it's going to fun around here, i'm definitely going.

Its a coin toss...always call heads.

Anyone know a crowded lineup I can flame my jetski through while I tow-in a standup paddle??

5. Look at the wind. Its going to be awful. I don't understand how people are so clueless about forecasts. Lots of onshore and side onshore wind = terrible surf.

Quote Originally Posted by im way better than you View Post
    Look at the wind. Its going to be awful. I don't understand how people are so clueless about forecasts. Lots of onshore and side onshore wind = terrible surf.
    hey genius, north winds are offshore in many parts of Jerz

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    hey genius, north winds are offshore in many parts of Jerz
    Great answer! plus wind predictions change quite often.

Not too sure about this one... a cat 1 that far out could leave us with very inconsistent, small scale swell. Our biggest hopes should be that she stalls for a good long time when she makes the turn. If she sits and spins for couple days, we might get lucky. Not too sure about head high as it stands right now.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Sep 13, 2012 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    Anyone know a crowded lineup I can flame my jetski through while I tow-in a standup paddle??
    I hear first street in VB is wonderful. The Wyldlife crew is always towing in when it's waist high maybe they want to play too.

Images
    If you look at the forecasted track of Nadine, you might think there is no way that storm is going to send us anything substantial.

Now, look at the Swellinfo East Coast Wave maps, and pay attention to the gray wind barbs. What you will see is a substantial area of Easterly winds north and west of Nadine. What is forecasted to happen, is the interaction of Nadine with a stalled frontal boundary looks to setup decent amount of easterly fetch. Most of the swell will be generated from winds away from the center of the storm.

Local winds will be a huge factor, as always, with how good the waves are, and it will vary along different stretches of coast.