LOGIN | REGISTER

Decisions, decisions, decisions

After working everyday for the last two weeks, I have tomorrow off (kind of, I'm a workaholic). So I'm goin on a surf trip. Both locations are equidistant from me, 30 minutes away with boards on the roof. I have a meeting at 10am, so dawn patrol has to be local to my locale and I have a conference call from 2-3pm, so I can be on the celly Forbes that. I have to be at happy hour at 4pm for a fun meeting, so we're looking at the hours of 11am-2pm. Both spots are supposed to be 3-4' and it's gonna be less crowded on a Friday than on the weekend, and whichever spot I don't hit today, I'm going to Sunday. So, here are your (my) choices: Black's or Trestles?

Images
    I am just gonna say nicely that you suck! I waited a week for some crappy, choppy, windblown crap you probably wouldn't even paddle out in. I envy you! Trestles looks fun though, can't say I can weigh in from experience. I do wish I had your dilemma!

3. you're asking the internet where to surf ??

face mother****ing palm

Images
    Blacks is on my list of spots I need to surf someday. I would think it would be less crowded than Trestles too but what the hell do I know?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    After working everyday for the last two weeks, I have tomorrow off (kind of, I'm a workaholic). So I'm goin on a surf trip. Both locations are equidistant from me, 30 minutes away with boards on the roof. I have a meeting at 10am, so dawn patrol has to be local to my locale and I have a conference call from 2-3pm, so I can be on the celly Forbes that. I have to be at happy hour at 4pm for a fun meeting, so we're looking at the hours of 11am-2pm. Both spots are supposed to be 3-4' and it's gonna be less crowded on a Friday than on the weekend, and whichever spot I don't hit today, I'm going to Sunday. So, here are your (my) choices: Black's or Trestles?
    Have you ever surfed either either of these spots? Blacks is a good walk from any parking spot so you will be wasting an hour of your time going to/from the car and trestles is a zoo anytime there is a swell (weekdays too). Unless you like crowds goto blacks, but skip the meeting and go early. By the way, you sound like a kook.

6. Blacks is a mans wave. Its heavy, hollow, and perfect. Trestles is a crumbly mess with 5000 people there every day. The walk to Trestles is WAY worse than the walk to Blacks. Lastly and most importantly the Hurley Pro is at Lowers in like 3 days and that means every pro on the planet is there right now free surfing. So If you think its a zoo on a regular Friday then imagine what it looks like down there right now. Plus how many waves you think you can grab from the top 45 and every wanna be pro in southern California? You could not pay me to surf trestles any time soon.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by im way better than you View Post
    Trestles is a crumbly mess with 5000 people there every day.
    I've surfed Trestles maybe 5 times ever and maybe 3 out of the 5 times it was no more crowded than a good working east coast spot on a hyped swell. Not perfect trestles, but fun waist-chest hi lowers is an amazing wave. Would i go on a saturday morning when swell is forecast? No. 6-7 p.m. on a weekday evening in the March? you bet.

I surfed a stupid break in Maryland during the recent Leslie swell that had a more annoying crowded on it than those sessions at Trestles.
    Last edited by mitchell; Sep 14, 2012 at 02:31 PM.

Blacks! Hopefully it's freight training and you can get a good feel for that new board!