LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    "A bad day of surf is better than a raise"

Uh, not so sure about that...

lets share the stoke bro aka lets circle jerk , its not by accident that boogie boards lay on their stomach .. i rather be pitching then catching

Quote Originally Posted by Iloveswell View Post
    Everyones gotta stop hating on spongers and surfers and those who ride a different function then them..I paddled out today and a sponger and surfer were fighting cause the sponger is less "skilled" then the surfer. yanno unless its just me I paddle out to enjoy life and enjoy something natural that causes an amazing Euphoria. A bad day of surf is always better then a raise or awesome day at work. I wish more people would come to realize the ocean should be a place for relaxation and happiness and a sanctuary to make peace with.. Yea Im probably gonna be called a kook for this but at the end of the day Im the one enjoying every moment of life and living without regrets...peace to yall and go enjoy that surf
    So this is the whole story? The bber didn't drop in on him multiple times? All that peace and nirvana stuff is all good but what happens when somebody gets in the way of that?

Drop in on me once, I don't say anything--just buzz by you with inches to spare on the next wave while you are paddling out.

Drop in on me twice, I say something.... Nice and civilized.

Drop in on me three times and I will hassle the ever-living chit out of you. You usually get out of the water by this point because there are only a hand full of people who can out-paddle me--and you're not one of them. Plus I've probably yanked your leash a couple times by this point.

If you paddle out, are courteous and friendly yet very much a beginner--I will give you tips, call you into waves and possibly even block for you a couple times depending on how crowded it is.

In short, what goes around comes around. No need for a "group hug" but also no need to be a 8=========D. Remember, NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING!

Quote Originally Posted by Pursuitofhappiness View Post
    I love your points and share your sentiment. The people I know in west coast surfing have far more of this mentality. They have a pretty solid code of etiqutte but seem to handle offenders in a much more 'aloha' manner. To quote San Diego legend Skip Frye: Share a wave. Hoot a kook!!! http://www.tourmalinememorial.com/Skipfrye.htm
    totally agree man...I live in NJ so I experience the biggest idiots of them all

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Drop in on me once, I don't say anything--just buzz by you with inches to spare on the next wave while you are paddling out.

Drop in on me twice, I say something.... Nice and civilized.

Drop in on me three times and I will hassle the ever-living chit out of you. You usually get out of the water by this point because there are only a hand full of people who can out-paddle me--and you're not one of them. Plus I've probably yanked your leash a couple times by this point.

If you paddle out, are courteous and friendly yet very much a beginner--I will give you tips, call you into waves and possibly even block for you a couple times depending on how crowded it is.

In short, what goes around comes around. No need for a "group hug" but also no need to be a 8=========D. Remember, NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING!
    I agree

Shoulder hoppers?.......Breaking a major rule dropping in at all........straight BS......only if its your buddy, at your spot, on a crappy tanker day (and even then the pay gesture deserves payback).....if you travel, you'l learn real quick or pay the consequences.....

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    So this is the whole story? The bber didn't drop in on him multiple times? All that peace and nirvana stuff is all good but what happens when somebody gets in the way of that?
    Well yea he dropped in on him once but the kid also looked like he came from Tennesee and had no idea what he was doing so yea thats probably what caused the fiascal considering I was paddling out when it happened

Quote Originally Posted by pkovo View Post
    "A bad day of surf is better than a raise"

Uh, not so sure about that...
    Thats fine in your eyes then man! I love the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    there's swell in the water...and you haters are sitting at home in front of a computer screen...Whoa dude, gnarly...I'm so aggro in the lineup, I'm not even there, whoa!

Just because people want to share stoke and respect the ocean doesn't make anyone feminine...Acting like a tough guy only works until you get your a$$ handed to you by another tough guy. It's an ugly world, there's no need to bring that into the water...
    haha totally agree!