LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lol! I thought I was the only surf nut. I log each session's day, time, wave conditions, what I rode, who I was with and how I rode based on my own self critical 1-10 scale.

I know this year swell count is WAY down based on last year.

if you write it all down it becomes an interesting exercise in data collection and analysis. if you keep it all in your head you become a local.

Thanks for all the tips guys! The NDBC website is great for the info I was looking for. I have found that keeping this log has helped me to better understand surf forecasting as a whole, especially what works at my favorite spots. It is a pain in the ass sometimes to log every single session. But when I look back over it I get to re-live my standout sessions, which is sometimes the best action I can get when it's flat.

Maybe I'm kind of a nerd with all this (and according to cresto, I guess I'm not a local) but it's fun and keeps me focused on becoming a better surfer.

great advice!

After 15 years of surfing, I to decided to start keeping a log/journal. I like it mostly for seeing how many days/year I actually get in the water. It is also a nice way to be able to look back on stand out days and conditions. I use the surf journal app on the Iphone. It has buoy data and tides built in to the GPS, so once you set your spot the tides and buoy/wind readings populate automatically. If you are looking for specific info on swells, I would stick to the NDBC website. You are not going to find a website with more current ocean reading than that.

Yes we have a private FB page for me and my girls. We post conditions, forecast discrepancy and adventurous stuff that happens and foto upload. Fun!