LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Well AC was no prob... I'm also interested in how things will shape up the next couple of montsh seeing we are planning for an April trip. Maybe the prices will drop? ha, yea right.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    if you can park your car in atlantic city and surf, then you can handle indo. respect people, and be polite. in any 3rd world country police are the ones you have to watch out for. don't argue and pay the bribe.

Images
    Idk man, Indo has the highest soncentration of Muslims if I remember correctly. I'm sure the media is only showing the pissed off ones, but I don't think I'd go. In general, anyone who is willing to kill over a book that is essentially a myth is retarded, wheteher it's the Bible, the Torah, or the Q'uran. Organized religion sucks, worship the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Idk man, Indo has the highest soncentration of Muslims if I remember correctly.
    compared to where? the us? iran? this statement doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    compared to where? the us? iran? this statement doesn't make any sense.
    It doesnt make sense, and even after trying to make sense of it, its just incorrect. And having been there, I didnt feel all that unsafe either.

I realize wiki isnt always right...but they've listed Indonesia down around 30th in terms of Muslim as a percentage of country population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...lim_population
    Last edited by scotty; Sep 18, 2012 at 03:17 PM.

Images
    Actually it does make sense, I wouldn't post something if I didn't know what I was talking about. There's a s**tload of Muslims in Indo. I'll come back with a more reputable source when I have more time. From Wiki:

According to the Pew Research Center in 2010 there were 49 Muslim-majority countries.[11] Around 62% of the world's Muslims live in South and Southeast Asia, with over 1 billion adherents.[12], The largest Muslim country is Indonesia home to 12.7% of the world's Muslims followed by Pakistan (11.0%), India (10.9%), and Bangladesh (9.2%).[3][13] About 20% of Muslims live in Arab countries.[14] In the Middle East, the non-Arab countries of Turkey and Iran are the largest Muslim-majority countries; in Africa, Egypt and Nigeria have the most populous Muslim communities.[3][13]

I'm not saying dont go, I could really care less what you do or think, I'm just saying I wouldn't go.
    Last edited by seldom seen; Sep 18, 2012 at 03:28 PM.

Images
    Still waiting....

Do your research before you get argumentative you dumb s**ts, that excerpt came from the link you provided scotty. Maybe you didn't read it and just looked at the pretty color coded map.
    Last edited by seldom seen; Sep 18, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

I'll come back with a more reputable source when I have more time..

Still waiting......
    Your waiting on yourself??

Why bother? You dont want to go to Indo, thats fine, its not for everyone.
    Last edited by scotty; Sep 18, 2012 at 03:52 PM.

Bro its the freaking Internet and u Wikipedia'd that ****. Relax...

Bali has a high population of Hindu where islands adjacent are predominantly muslim like Lombok and java

Youll be fine just fly into denpasar
    Seldom seen have you been to Indonesia?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    Your waiting on yourself??
    Best you could do? I was waiting for an intelligent and accurate response, not a smart a** comeback.

@ Turrtle I have not. Again, not telling anyone not to go anywhere, the OP was asking people's opinions and I provided mine.
    Last edited by seldom seen; Sep 18, 2012 at 04:12 PM.

click the third column "muslim % of total population", sort it descending. Displays muslim population as a percentage of the total country population. Indonesia is down at like 30th rank. When you said "Indo has the highest concentration of Muslims " to me that implied highest percentage, not total number. I remember from going there, and talking to locals, that there are a lot of Christians.