LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whats better tide?

the incoming tide or outgoing tide? I feel incoming but i'm not really sure

Images
    Depends on the spot, my favorite spots seem to get more hollow and dumpy on the mid outgoing.

Right at high tide for a lot of spots is not ideal.
    Last edited by skimdog; Oct 17, 2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: spelling error

too many variables to make a call...location, swell size, period, & direction, extremes of said tides...i surfed a spot this morning that's normally good w/ a high tide & it was all wonky & back-washy, moved to another spot that's normally best on a lower tide & it was firing...gotta check it regularly & figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    too many variables to make a call...location, swell size, period, & direction, extremes of said tides...i surfed a spot this morning that's normally good w/ a high tide & it was all wonky & back-washy, moved to another spot that's normally best on a lower tide & it was firing...gotta check it regularly & figure it out.
    getting out of the water yesterday this guy running down the beach says he's a professional diver or a seal or something and asks "what are the rips like here?" I said I didn't know how to answer his question as it depends on the day, the swell, swell direction, the bottom and the wind". He muttered something under his breath and ran away. Not sure but I think he called me the D-bag.

Quote Originally Posted by havanasand View Post
    getting out of the water yesterday this guy running down the beach says he's a professional diver or a seal or something and asks "what are the rips like here?" I said I didn't know how to answer his question as it depends on the day, the swell, swell direction, the bottom and the wind". He muttered something under his breath and ran away. Not sure but I think he called me the D-bag.
    love stuff like that...anyone who's a professional of any caliber in any field that works in, on, or around the ocean will be able to tell at a glance or 2 what's going on w/ the water in front of them.

Don't you just love it how everybody is a "seal" in VB?

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    love stuff like that...anyone who's a professional of any caliber in any field that works in, on, or around the ocean will be able to tell at a glance or 2 what's going on w/ the water in front of them.
    Sounds like a summer pro to me.

Images
    god this board is funny.

Depends on the spot. That said, around here, when in doubt, shoot for incoming tide.