LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Think your break is crowded??

Manasquan, any given day. But lately it's been relentless. I've counted up to 65 guys on the main peak. This shot was from this past weekend.

I blame the lack of winter storms, causing most beaches to shut down=less places to surf. Also beach replenishments never help anything except wealthy homeowners. Has anybody else noticed an increase in surfers this year over past years at their home breaks?

Screen shot 2012-09-16 at 6.28.20 PM.jpg

Images
    It's not my home spot but i will not surf there if it's the only thing working. I"ll just chalk it up to "ah well i guess there's no waves today"

I've been watching the Nadine swell come in there over the weekend on surfchex and other than during the long board comp it's been an absolute zoo.

No, people just want to surf, also the quality of the wave at the inlet has been way better than the closeouts in many places surrounding it. That is all. Also that picture is actually the Manasquan Inlet relatively uncrowded in terms of numbers. Have a nice day.

It was probably double that amount of people in deal this weekend, and it was two foot closeouts. Unfortunately Ive learned quickly this summer that every wave is a party wave.

Images
    Man I heard the crowds have grown. I'm glad I don't live in Monmouth county anymore, although I do miss my buddies up there.

I count 35, go to loch arbour with up to 75 of your closest friends..

that pic is nothing compared to what it's been there the past few swells...

That pic actually doesn't look that bad.. on any decent day it pretty much looks at least that bad anywhere there is a wave working.. I'd blame it on overhyped end of summer swells, but with the growing popularity of winter surfing it seems that circus conditions are the new normal almost year round at most spots in jerz

Images
    thats not bad compared to 1st street sometimes

I've seen the top spots around me with 80 guys out, a few times.

And you're right... it has a lot to do with beach replenishment squeezing a growing surfing population into fewer and fewer breaks.

I did not surf this last swell. I sailed, I fished... but didn't surf.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Sep 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM.