LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Inlet is a zoo. It is the best wave around but way too crowded. I drive past it to surf lesser breaks all the time, and that sucks.

That's cute. One day when it grows up it will look like first street VB

I forgot to mention that the shot was taken at almost dead high tide, with only one peak working, breaking right on the beach. I agree, it looks light for Manasquan, but with 35 guys shooting for one wave, that seems crazy. I have counted 65 at one point.

And I thought my break was crowded... More power to the surfers up north.

Images
    i dont know about you guys- but i love the crowds and the summer pros (who are still around..... )

I hardly surf my 'local' spot anymore due to crowds. In the last few years, it seems like the go to spot for many many people. But i really don't understand why- the sand bar has hardly worked there in a long long time. The funny thing is- that I will be surfing a jetty or two away, and everyone is still at that spot- with the waves far better just a few jettys away... ... ... wait, maybe i shouldn't have just said that.... ummm ya, that other spot is always good- dont check the waves any where else, just go to that old spot...

Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    i dont know about you guys- but i love the crowds and the summer pros (who are still around..... )

I hardly surf my 'local' spot anymore due to crowds. In the last few years, it seems like the go to spot for many many people. But i really don't understand why- the sand bar has hardly worked there in a long long time. The funny thing is- that I will be surfing a jetty or two away, and everyone is still at that spot- with the waves far better just a few jettys away... ... ... wait, maybe i shouldn't have just said that.... ummm ya, that other spot is always good- dont check the waves any where else, just go to that old spot...
    Yeah, you are probably better off keeping that secret and scoring uncrowded waves. Also, I've noticed several spots have noticeably changed since these storms rolled through. Sand bars have been changed at many of spots, so a sandbar that may not have been breaking the last several years may now be breaking and vice versus

Images
    Lol at those who think it's the best and who surf with that many. Am I the only one who surfs with at most couple people in sight?

Tough going when there is only one peak. I deal with crowds at my spot by picking a sandbar that only breaks on big set waves. I end up sitting pretty far outside, and when a set rolls through, I am already on the peak when all the scramblers start paddling like mad. I still end up having to hoot at someone trying to drop in on me, but at least I have a way to get a few waves without paddle battling.

funny how loch arbour will be a zoo this time of year, but in January when its 6 foot and offshore its literallly empty

gotta love it

Images
    1st st was actually empty this morning despite the sick shoulder high lefts