LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shorty Springsuit

Sorry to make another wetsuit thread, but reading through the stickied wetsuit thread didn't offer much insight into springsuits; more of a focus on fullsuits in that thread. So what brands and models do you all like as far as springsuits go? Water will start cooling off soon and I want something to bridge the gap between trunks and a 3/2

I like to wear a 2 mill, short arm. Shorty's only have a small gap of use with the water temperature. 2 mill you can wear during Summer and in to mid November if you want to push it.

I don't wear my springsuit much. I pretty much go from trunks and a longsleeve rashie to the 3/2 sometime in early october. As a consequence, my O'neill Hammer 2/1 springie is about eight years old and is still pretty much good as new. You may get more use out of a 1.5mm long sleeve top w/trunks (for less money) than with buying a springie.

Besides, nobody looks cool in a springie--unless you get a neon colored one and are going for a retro 80's look.

I wear my springer a lot. It's good for when the air is cool and the water's warm... like now... or on those surprise summer upwelling days. I have the O'Niell Hammer and it's perfect for me. It's like wearing nothing. http://www.oneill.com/#/men/asiapaci...pring_1/metal/
    And yes... they are decidedly UNcool.

w/ these chilly, windy mornings we've been having here lately, my longsleeve spring has been getting a lot of use. it's great for things like that & actually stays in place, unlike a 1.5 or 2mil top.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    w/ these chilly, windy mornings we've been having here lately, my longsleeve spring has been getting a lot of use. it's great for things like that & actually stays in place, unlike a 1.5 or 2mil top.
    X2 on the long sleeve spring. I have a 2mil Rip Curl DP that I will wear into about 65 degree water depending on the air. Since we probably have a longer window for moderate ocean temps down here in SE NC I wear it about 2 months/year on average.

I wear an Billabong 2mm long leg/short arm. In NY, its good for late june, sept, and early oct before i need to put on a 3/2. I still have xcel shortie but i feel like i'm in a living colour video when wearing it so it pretty much stays in the closet unless it is a cool breezy summer day. The long leg, short arm combo works much better for me for longer sessions. Xcel, billabong, patagucci, matuse all make a decent one.

I picked up a 2mil Quicksilver shorty a few years ago off of eBay. I think I paid $15. It was used but in great shape - and it's held up extremely well. I thought I'd just use it between 3/2 and shorts weather but I actually wear it almost all the way through summer. It's super comfortable and I don't have to bother with sunscreen on my torso. Definitely recommend getting one.

traditional springsuit is useless in my opinion.....go long sleeve spring, it perfectly bridges the gap from vest to 3/2. it is also the perfect suit to leave in your car in case of upwelling...

Images
    i dont wear springies becuase im too cheap. plus you can't see my b0ner when i wear one.