LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Whiny little beeches shaking their tiny fists in the air.

I don't know about you all, but I go surfing so I can catch waves--and lots of them. I'm sorry that you don't have the paddling skill, or the level of fitness, or the "right" board, or you're actually scared to be out in the water and just making up little girl excuses, or a combination thereof..... It's really not my problem. If I'm at a break surrounded by a bunch of flounders and clown fish, I'm not going to be letting many, if any, set waves I am in position for to go by and watch the impact zone essentially get littered with kook confetti that I'm going to have to navigate around.... especially in light of this self-entitled mentality that people deserve to have waves given to them. Basic etiquette is: Don't cut people off, don't paddle around people, don't sit on top of someone and don't get in the freaking way of someone riding a wave. Beyond that, you're on your own!

BTW, I pretty much only ride short boards. If you think I'm being a "wave-hog" by sitting "outside" and catching the wave before you even start paddling for it, think again and get your weak @$$ to a pool!

NOYA!!!!! Enough said.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    NOYA!!!!! Enough said.
    I'm a believer in the idea that no question is a dumb question, but I'm probly gonna render that idea false in a second...what does NOYA stand for? I've seen it a couple times now and just can't seem to figure it, gotta ask.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I'm a believer in the idea that no question is a dumb question, but I'm probly gonna render that idea false in a second...what does NOYA stand for? I've seen it a couple times now and just can't seem to figure it, gotta ask.

Nobody Owes You Anything (all credit to Leethestud for coining it)

At least you let waves go through. Nothing more annoying than an aircraft carrier being paddled from Africa to chase down the good waves they probably won't do any maneuvers on anyway.

Images
    Nobody Owes You Anything (all credit to Leethestud for coining it)
    Ahh, thank you, makes so much sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Ahh, thank you, makes so much sense now.
    Tee shirts go on sale soon!

NOYA.jpg

If you didn't think your post would get everyone worked up then you're probably part of the problem...or a troll. Would it piss you off if someone's attitude was:

"Last wednesday, took my WAVEJET/KAYAK out to a spot thats really best for a WAVEJET/KAYAK but most guys insist on taking thier LONGBOARDS and SHORTBOARDS out there.... I sat waaaay outside and just picked off whatever wave I wanted. long long lefts and uncontested rides.
    Now don't get me wrong I let plenty of waves run past me... and I only accounted for 1 wave of basically a 3 or 4 wave set...
    I could feel the angst building up in the guys on the inside.... but hey next, take the appropriate board and you'll have a better time."

There's more to surfing than paddling and popping up. I'm sure a board could be made that would let someone sit 10 yards further out than you and still catch waves. The board may suck otherwise but wow you could sure catch a lot of waves and ride straight in. sheesh!

In fact, for most of the Leslie swell in VB, jetski tow-ats would have been the best way to get the speed needed to beat the close out sections. I don't think you'd welcome them to your lineup. Even if they let 2-3 waves of every set go by.

You've been around here for a while. Me thinks you just trollin'

I'm not gonna call anybody a "little beech"... or say who's right and who's wrong. I don't think that's the point of this thread. And if you think the lineup should be survival of the fittest, you won't get much argument from me. But speaking for myself only, I'll say this... wave hogs suck. I try not to be one, and leave the water feeling better when I'm not. But if YOU feel better being one... if that pumps your ego or makes you feel good about your session, that's all on you, but sorry... I can't relate. Pissing somebody else off so I can have MORE fun isn't something that makes me happy.

As for the OP's original point... having a good quiver and choosing the right board for the day is what it's all about, IMO. THAT's how I get my "more fun." Maybe it's a quality over quantity thing...
    Last edited by LBCrew; Sep 21, 2012 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Last wednesday, took my longboard out to a spot thats really best for a longboard but most guys insist on taking thier shortboard out there.... I sat waaaay outside and just picked off whatever wave I wanted. long long lefts and uncontested rides.
    Now don't get me wrong I let plenty of waves run past me... and I only accounted for 1 wave of basically a 3 or 4 wave set...
    I could feel the angst building up in the guys on the inside.... but hey next, take the appropriate board and you'll have a better time.
    I agree with you 100% man.. Its so annoying to see people getting frustrated at longboarders who sit outside and pick off nice waves.

Bring the right equipment next time and we can share the peak!!

NOYA!!!!! Enough said.
    BINGO!

LBCrew: I was just breaking it down to the lowest common denominator. I don't hog waves, just pointing out the basic fact--NOYA. Hell, I avoid crowds like the plague--I find that's the best way to have a good session with a high wave count. If you're only around a handful of people at the most, then everyone gets a set wave!