LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    There was no catching these waves out past where I was sitting. I was also the only one taking these waves clear across the beach.
    What does how far you go have anything to do with it?? You always go farther with a longboard regardless of the conditions. And a SUP can always catch waves further out then a longboard. I've seen guys ride waves with SUPs all the way out, and finish their rides before the wave even breaks. Or even if a sup couldn't a wavejet could. Or what if it was just a longboarder with a much stronger paddle then you. It's besides the point what equipment they are using. The point is if someone was doing the same to you because they could catch them further out would that be ok?

By the way, if you think that you are better then these guys on their shortboards "blowing it" then think again. They are the ones trying to progress. Guys like you have a good time at the expense of others, and in spite of progression. You ride a 3 foot wave on a longboard and hardly exert yourself throughout the entire session. You will never get better like this. Life is not always about having the most fun in the moment; Sometimes it is about longterm progression. "Happiness is neither virtue or pleasure, nor this thing or that, but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing.", William Butler Yeats... Learn to include the happiness of others in your decision making. Despite what you think, guys like you are a problem in this sport.
    Last edited by idsmashh; Sep 22, 2012 at 03:36 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    What does how far you go have anything to do with it?? You always go farther with a longboard regardless of the conditions. And a SUP can always catch waves further out then a longboard. I've seen guys ride waves with SUPs all the way out, and finish their rides before the wave even breaks. Or even if a sup couldn't a wavejet could. Or what if it was just a longboarder with a much stronger paddle then you. It's besides the point what equipment they are using. The point is if someone was doing the same to you because they could catch them further out would that be ok?

By the way, if you think that you are better then these guys on their shortboards "blowing it" then think again. They are the ones trying to progress. Guys like you have a good time at the expense of others, and in spite of progression. You ride a 3 foot wave on a longboard and hardly exert yourself throughout the entire session. You will never get better like this. Life is not always about having the most fun in the moment; Sometimes it is about longterm progression. "Happiness is neither virtue or pleasure, nor this thing or that, but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing.", William Butler Yeats... Learn to include the happiness of others in your decision making. Despite what you think, guys like you are a problem in this sport.
    I'd say about 35% tony kornhieser 65% glenn beck? I mean youre talking about sports and athleticism but you have a high amount of hate and discontent in your rhetoric and maybe some cloaked fear of being burned by a longboarder. You should go into radio or get yourself a tv show or something... You're pretty dramatic. I bet you could make yourself fake cry talking about surfing to show you're more dedicated and love the sport, no dammit the way of life! better and more than anyone.

Idsmashh do longboarders owe you something?

Guys like you have a good time at the expense of others, and in spite of progression. You ride a 3 foot wave on a longboard and hardly exert yourself throughout the entire session. You will never get better like this. Life is not always about having the most fun in the moment; Sometimes it is about longterm progression. "Happiness is neither virtue or pleasure, nor this thing or that, but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing.", William Butler Yeats... Learn to include the happiness of others in your decision making. Despite what you think, guys like you are a problem in this sport.
    It gets worse... Not only do I ride a longboard I also enjoy riding my shorter boards, 10 times more often than I ride a longboard. You clearly did not read the entirety of this thread. The guys on short boards, this particular day, were just in the way... Potentially ruining my rides.... Without any consideration for me. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    I'd say about 35% tony kornhieser 65% glenn beck? I mean youre talking about sports and athleticism but you have a high amount of hate and discontent in your rhetoric and maybe some cloaked fear of being burned by a longboarder. You should go into radio or get yourself a tv show or something... You're pretty dramatic. I bet you could make yourself fake cry talking about surfing to show you're more dedicated and love the sport, no dammit the way of life! better and more than anyone.

^^^This^^^
    Everybody, clear the water when Idsmashh enters the lineup. If he's not getting waves, it's your fault!

It gets worse... Not only do I ride a longboard I also enjoy riding my shorter boards, 10 times more often than I ride a longboard. You clearly did not read the entirety of this thread. The guys on short boards, this particular day, were just in the way... Potentially ruining my rides.... Without any consideration for me. Lol.
    ^^^And this^^^

And as for the hyperbolically rhetorical political theories.... Eat a 8===============D

Idsmash... what do you think about this?

I might just forgo my regular board on sunday and take my longboard out and just pick waves off from the
    outside again! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post

No, they don't owe me anything, but they do owe etiquette to the lineup. That's what this thread is about. Etiquette. Something that the OP lacks.
    Last edited by idsmashh; Sep 22, 2012 at 08:39 PM.

No, they don't owe me anything, but they do owe etiquette to the lineup. That's what this thread is about. Etiquette. Something that the OP lacks.
    I suggest you go back and read the thread... this thread is not about etiquette primarily, its about brining the right equipment to maximize ones performance on the type of wave one will be riding.

I suggest you go back and read the thread... this thread is not about etiquette primarily, its about brining the right equipment to maximize ones performance on the type of wave one will be riding.
    Sorry, I'm not going to continue this with you. You have no etiquette. That's the point I'm trying to get across.

Sorry, I'm not going to continue this with you. You have no etiquette. That's the point I'm trying to get across.
    U have no clue what you're talking about. You're all up in arms from the idea that anyone else might catch a wave while you're in the water. Get off your soap box.

yup people do that everywhre. when its wasit high and mushy people are trying to shortboard a potatoe chip. i like a big fat fish or a log when its slow. shortboard when its good and hollow. mainly younger people do thsat cause they think its not cool to surf a fish or a longerboard when the waves suck so they dont get any waves and leave pissed off