LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 81
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying...
    Sounds like you were 1st.... was this the only peak on the beach?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Long Branch
    Posts
    368
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Last wednesday, took my longboard out to a spot thats really best for a longboard but most guys insist on taking thier shortboard out there.... I sat waaaay outside and just picked off whatever wave I wanted. long long lefts and uncontested rides.
    Now don't get me wrong I let plenty of waves run past me... and I only accounted for 1 wave of basically a 3 or 4 wave set...
    I could feel the angst building up in the guys on the inside.... but hey next, take the appropriate board and you'll have a better time.
    +1... I bring out my longboard so that I can get more waves on the days there arent many/arent many good waves

    "Now don't get me wrong I let plenty of waves run past me"

    sounds fair to me

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Treasure Island , FL
    Posts
    250
    Hey guess what? If people could get along you can actually ride 2 people on one wave. If the situation allows I'm like "go for it, come on, catch it too. Lets have some FUN!" Thats what its all about anyway, having fun. Or thats how it used to be anyway. I ride a short board and do this all the time when the rides are long. Most surfers these days don't realize thats is about the FUN and joy of riding a wave. I think thats the problem.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Sounds like you were 1st.... was this the only peak on the beach?
    there were def. some decent breaks up and down the beach but this one offered the best shot at getting a shoulder. Honestly I didnt see one person on a shortboard get a ride longer then the drop and a bottom turn. And the other guys on longboard who didnt sit outside where I was were not getting the shoulders either. you needed that early take off to make the section. I really felt like everyone else was just wasting thier time out there...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    there were def. some decent breaks up and down the beach but this one offered the best shot at getting a shoulder. Honestly I didnt see one person on a shortboard get a ride longer then the drop and a bottom turn. And the other guys on longboard who didnt sit outside where I was were not getting the shoulders either. you needed that early take off to make the section. I really felt like everyone else was just wasting thier time out there...
    Sounds about right, I use to get frustrated sitting on the inside with a shortboard on small days like this when that's all I had to ride. Having the proper equipment for the occassion has changed my surfing big time, and now I never show up unprepared. If it's the only stick you got, I get it, but don't expect much on these days, it's for loggers and SUP's, just like on DOH days you probably wouldn't take your log out or the SUP, the conditions dictate what I surf that day.

  6. what a worthless thread.

    i smell squid...

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Sounds about right, I use to get frustrated sitting on the inside with a shortboard on small days like this when that's all I had to ride. Having the proper equipment for the occassion has changed my surfing big time, and now I never show up unprepared. If it's the only stick you got, I get it, but don't expect much on these days, it's for loggers and SUP's, just like on DOH days you probably wouldn't take your log out or the SUP, the conditions dictate what I surf that day.
    Yeah I have def. been one of these kooks that took the wrong board out. And maybe they arent really kooks but don't have any other board to bring. But Im not gonna be that guy anymore... the right board for the conditions is the messag here.

  8. #18
    love it. a few years back i wrote a similar thread about my frustration with prople thinking they own the break, catching wave after wave and paddling back outside everytime while others waited their turn. i got blasted in the thread by lots of folks telling me hey, that's the way it goes, outside man has priority, deal with it, etc... so guess what i did? i went out and bought a longboard. problem solved.

  9. #19
    So then you have no problem if a guy on a WaveJet or kayak shows up and sits out further than you and takes a wave every set?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Berlin MD
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    love it. a few years back i wrote a similar thread about my frustration with prople thinking they own the break, catching wave after wave and paddling back outside everytime while others waited their turn. i got blasted in the thread by lots of folks telling me hey, that's the way it goes, outside man has priority, deal with it, etc... so guess what i did? i went out and bought a longboard. problem solved.
    Then you got bad advice on here.

    Sitting outside doesnt give you priority.

    Nobody owns the break...even the person who got there first and thinks they have the right equipment and other have the wrong equipment.

    " i went out and bought a longboard. problem solved." Actually it just sounds like you became PART OF of the problem.

    Sorry...i really dont mean to sound harsh. But it is what it is.
    Last edited by scotty; Sep 21, 2012 at 04:03 PM.