LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by im way better than you View Post
    You should go share a break with the boogie boarders and waste waves together. So no matter what equipment the day calls for you will be "sitting waaaaaaay outside" and eventually your gonna get punched in the face. Don't ever think about going to California with this mentality or anywhere besides your terrible northeast beach break for that matter. Man i cant tell you how much I hate you
    F**k this guy

I can tell how everyone will vote in the upcoming election by what the comments are. It breaks down into two groups:

1. You take any wave you feel like it, and 'f' everyone else. It's not your fault they are out of shape/have the wrong equipment/not as good

2. You are not a wave hog because you feel it's not fair to others.

Really interesting actually -

Quote Originally Posted by headrow View Post
    I can tell how everyone will vote in the upcoming election by what the comments are. It breaks down into two groups:

1. You take any wave you feel like it, and 'f' everyone else. It's not your fault they are out of shape/have the wrong equipment/not as good

Wrong, I write in Wavy Gravy every 4 years, but this year I'm votin' for SouthJettyBill. I've seen how the sausage is made and it ain't pretty. D!3B07D doesn't owe you anything, 'specially not an accurate vote count.

Meh...ride whatever the hell the wave calls for. Nothing uglier than a dude hopping up and down on a 1 foot roller on a short board trying to "rip." at the same time, nothing worse than some log kook sitting ten feet out and blowing head high waves cause he can't ride a shortie. If you were taking a few and letting a lot roll by than who cares? People who get angry about surfing are complete tools--go surf

If I'm on my longboard I don't mind a Gidgett wave once in a while especially if its small but if it's chest high or bigger and you drop in on me your gonna get warned. Keep it up and I'm gonna do my best to shove my 9'2 thru the back of your skull, just saying.

Images

I know exactly what your thinking but the telling thing about your post is the way you framed your comment. Only a person from one particular political party would word it that way. I would bet the nice guys are voting the exact opposite of what your thinking.

Surfing sounds really gay! You guys should try RollerBlading!

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    Last wednesday, took my longboard out to a spot thats really best for a longboard but most guys insist on taking thier shortboard out there.... I sat waaaay outside and just picked off whatever wave I wanted. long long lefts and uncontested rides.
    Now don't get me wrong I let plenty of waves run past me... and I only accounted for 1 wave of basically a 3 or 4 wave set...
    I could feel the angst building up in the guys on the inside.... but hey next, take the appropriate board and you'll have a better time.
    My understanding of the rule is that to have the right of way from the outside, it is necessary to be fully up and riding on the wave--not merely paddling--before the wave gets close enough to anyone else for them to get it. If someone else is in the path of the peak, and you cannot be into the wave--up and riding--before that, then you do not have right of way. The wave belongs to the person at the peak, or closest to the breaking part of the wave. One needs to be very far outside to have enough room to be fully into the wave before anyone else can get it. Was this the case?

yea I don't understand why this is ok... Like said in a previous post. What if a guy on a SUP paddled out 10 feet past you and did the same thing to you. All day longgg. Would that still be ok????? Funny how everyone's avoided that post. Like this one probably will be too.

Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    yea I don't understand why this is ok... Like said in a previous post. What if a guy on a SUP paddled out 10 feet past you and did the same thing to you. All day longgg. Would that still be ok????? Funny how everyone's avoided that post. Like this one probably will be too.
    There was no catching these waves out past where I was sitting. I was also the only one taking these waves clear across the beach.