Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 79
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    Guys like you have a good time at the expense of others, and in spite of progression. You ride a 3 foot wave on a longboard and hardly exert yourself throughout the entire session. You will never get better like this. Life is not always about having the most fun in the moment; Sometimes it is about longterm progression. "Happiness is neither virtue or pleasure, nor this thing or that, but simply growth. We are happy when we are growing.", William Butler Yeats... Learn to include the happiness of others in your decision making. Despite what you think, guys like you are a problem in this sport.
    It gets worse... Not only do I ride a longboard I also enjoy riding my shorter boards, 10 times more often than I ride a longboard. You clearly did not read the entirety of this thread. The guys on short boards, this particular day, were just in the way... Potentially ruining my rides.... Without any consideration for me. Lol.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    I'd say about 35% tony kornhieser 65% glenn beck? I mean youre talking about sports and athleticism but you have a high amount of hate and discontent in your rhetoric and maybe some cloaked fear of being burned by a longboarder. You should go into radio or get yourself a tv show or something... You're pretty dramatic. I bet you could make yourself fake cry talking about surfing to show you're more dedicated and love the sport, no dammit the way of life! better and more than anyone.

    Idsmashh do longboarders owe you something?
    ^^^This^^^
    Everybody, clear the water when Idsmashh enters the lineup. If he's not getting waves, it's your fault!

    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    It gets worse... Not only do I ride a longboard I also enjoy riding my shorter boards, 10 times more often than I ride a longboard. You clearly did not read the entirety of this thread. The guys on short boards, this particular day, were just in the way... Potentially ruining my rides.... Without any consideration for me. Lol.
    ^^^And this^^^



    And as for the hyperbolically rhetorical political theories.... Eat a 8===============D

  3. #63
    Idsmash... what do you think about this?

    I might just forgo my regular board on sunday and take my longboard out and just pick waves off from the
    outside again! lol.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    I'd say about 35% tony kornhieser 65% glenn beck? I mean youre talking about sports and athleticism but you have a high amount of hate and discontent in your rhetoric and maybe some cloaked fear of being burned by a longboarder. You should go into radio or get yourself a tv show or something... You're pretty dramatic. I bet you could make yourself fake cry talking about surfing to show you're more dedicated and love the sport, no dammit the way of life! better and more than anyone.

    Idsmashh do longboarders owe you something?

    No, they don't owe me anything, but they do owe etiquette to the lineup. That's what this thread is about. Etiquette. Something that the OP lacks.
    Last edited by idsmashh; Sep 22, 2012 at 09:39 PM.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    No, they don't owe me anything, but they do owe etiquette to the lineup. That's what this thread is about. Etiquette. Something that the OP lacks.
    I suggest you go back and read the thread... this thread is not about etiquette primarily, its about brining the right equipment to maximize ones performance on the type of wave one will be riding.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    I suggest you go back and read the thread... this thread is not about etiquette primarily, its about brining the right equipment to maximize ones performance on the type of wave one will be riding.
    Sorry, I'm not going to continue this with you. You have no etiquette. That's the point I'm trying to get across.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    Sorry, I'm not going to continue this with you. You have no etiquette. That's the point I'm trying to get across.
    U have no clue what you're talking about. You're all up in arms from the idea that anyone else might catch a wave while you're in the water. Get off your soap box.

  8. #68
    yup people do that everywhre. when its wasit high and mushy people are trying to shortboard a potatoe chip. i like a big fat fish or a log when its slow. shortboard when its good and hollow. mainly younger people do thsat cause they think its not cool to surf a fish or a longerboard when the waves suck so they dont get any waves and leave pissed off

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charleston
    Posts
    1,989
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    Sorry, I'm not going to continue this with you. You have no etiquette. That's the point I'm trying to get across.
    Pinkies up boys and girls. Ms. Manners in da house!

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    In my mind, this is spot on. I would glide back outside to the peak and just chill for a while. but don't get me wrong I took full advantage after sitting and a set wave would come in... at that point the guys on the inside would have been too far inside to even be in position for it.

    but even if people come and harsh on me, I don't give a flying fck because the advantage was so perfect for how I was surfing the spot that it was one of the best sessions I had in a long time. I think I was the only one who was actually havin fun out there.
    Spot on bro...I'll sit out there and look at someone inside of me and tell 'em i'll paddle but you take it. or sit there and call someone into a set wave "this is all you bro , all you" then after you do that a few times they know you're not gonna bang every set wave that comes thru. surfed w/a kook on a log the other day(on LI) and this jackoff was taking off on every single good one. when I and a few others said something he was all attitude about "I'm closest to the peak, I got priority and all the other bullsh@t" A couple of other locals and myself then paddled out and sat right next to him and paddled for everything he went for. When we couldn't stop him, the boys on the inside just started dropping in. F-you logman--- RESPECT...GIVE IT,GET IT