LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surf ettiquette

Surf ettiquette

Eariler today I came across a post like many others on here where 99% of people are talking crap and threatning each others lives,and quite frankly it's ridiculous. You have to be some what of an idiot to post a thread about pre-meditated murder online. To get to the point if your in deeper it's your wave,if someone drops in on you they're the kook. Make this a forum about surfing and not starting crap with each other.

Surf blog etiquette! I like it!

Images
    Thanks for joining. Ive been on and off this site for several years now, the thread/conversation level has gone down drastically.

Images
    This site does a phenomenal job of forecasting and bringing ppl in our area together online..... there are a lot of people on these forums now who are just ruining every conversation and doing nothing but complaining about forecasts being wrong when they are 5 days away. people on here just need to get a clue. you spend enough time watching weather and looking at our ocean and you know what storm patterns are going to make it good. everyone needs to learn a little more about looking at atmpspheric patterns and stop relying on one single source for their "swellinfo"

the surf nazi teenage haters took over the forum years ago. its almost comical to see someone try to start a thread only to see some punk shoot it down and accuse them of being a kook..
    Great job on forecasting SW but I think its time to kill the option to post forums, just like the defunct surf conditions post option.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdrake7@gmail.com View Post
    Eariler today I came across a post like many others on here where 99% of people are talking crap and threatning each others lives,and quite frankly it's ridiculous. You have to be some what of an idiot to post a thread about pre-meditated murder online. To get to the point if your in deeper it's your wave,if someone drops in on you they're the kook. Make this a forum about surfing and not starting crap with each other.
    Starting sh*t online is for kooks. If I have a problem with you I will rip your out of the water and sh*t down your throat. Tired of the nonsense.

I dunno, I like this place. Suits me just fine the way it is. Gots character. Rough around the edges. Smells funny. Peanut shells and kook confetti (Erock, this is my other favorite new buzzword besides Surf J!h@d!s1) all over the floor. It's dimly lit, meaning there's a few dim bulbs. Just like a good dive bar. And, just like a good dive bar; the writin on the bathroom wall ain't fit for children (i think someone wrote your girl's number in there), someone's gonna talk some sh!1_ n get into fight, someone's gonna go home with an ugly gal and the bartenders seen it all before. The glasses ain't none too clean, but the beers generally cold. Some folks can't hang in such places. Me, well I feel right at home. If you don't like a thread, don't post. Keeps me entertained and gets me through the day when I'm not feelin' creative enough to write some code and just want to ditch work and paddle out. An just like a dive bar, the regulars will keep comin' back, sit at the same stools, readin the same ol' threads and get a chuckle about how some things never change. Every so often, there's some useful or real brilliant sh!+ on here though, you ever hear 'bout Bogeton Wolftucks?

Also, that blue hurts my eyeballs.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Sep 24, 2012 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I dunno, I like this place. Suits me just fine the way it is. Gots character. Rough around the edges. Smells funny. Peanut shells and kook confetti (Erock, this is my other favorite new buzzword besides Surf J!h@d!s1) all over the floor. It's dimly lit, meaning there's a few dim bulbs. Just like a good dive bar. And, just like a good dive bar; the writin on the bathroom wall ain't fit for children (i think someone wrote your girl's number in there), someone's gonna talk some sh!1_ n get into fight, someone's gonna go home with an ugly gal and the bartenders seen it all before. The glasses ain't none too clean, but the beers generally cold. Some folks can't hang in such places. Me, well I feel right at home. If you don't like a thread, don't post. Keeps me entertained and gets me through the day when I'm not feelin' creative enough to write some code and just want to ditch work and paddle out. An just like a dive bar, the regulars will keep comin' back, sit at the same stools, readin the same ol' threads and get a chuckle about how some things never change. Every so often, there's some useful or real brilliant sh!+ on here though, you ever hear 'bout Bogeton Wolftucks?

Also, that blue hurts my eyeballs.
    well fukcing said, my sentiments exactly

Images
    yup... i agree, this forum took a dump some time ago... then all the main people that post started to leave due to the kooks... and now this is what we are left with. its pretty much the same post- started new each month by someone new. examples: the 'swellinfo doesn't know how to forcast post', the 'surf rage' post, the 'im new- how do you surf' post, the 'surf ettiquette' post... ect... kinda boring after a while.

I like this site as a place to exchange useful information on surfing. All the rest (especially cursing, anti other board types, and drug references) is just background noise I filter out. I used to track surfinfo in the same way but it seems that there is a lot more forum content to filter out these days. I greatly apreciate the surf predictions and weather information provide for free here. I look at a couple other things but always start here.