LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: winter surfing

by the way, i got an oneill for roughly 350, and it's been great. also, make sure it's a chest zip.

Quote Originally Posted by Bfsurfside4 View Post
    by the way, i got an oneill for roughly 350, and it's been great. also, make sure it's a chest zip.
    This is truth. Getting slammed by a wave so hard that it rips your zipper down and fills your suit full of water is no joke. All of sudden you weigh 20 pounds more and are tryin to keep your head above water while freezing. Chest zip suits are where it's at. I'll never go back. Need to switch my spring suits over.

you'd have to be a maniac to wear a back zip when a 4/3 isn't cutting it. to skimdog, buy last year's good winter suits from good brands. you get what you pay for and could snag something good for around 300. XCEL boots and gloves. they'll send you new sh!t usually if the seals break.

Looks like your in luck.. Drylocks on sale now: http://www.whiskeymilitia.com/wm/private_stash/823

Hey-- I've got the same issue, but I surf in Rhode Island. I'm wondering whether I can just go with a hooded 5/4/3 instead of a 6/5/4. Anyone from the area care to weigh in?

Quote Originally Posted by EC_Rider View Post
    Looks like your in luck.. Drylocks on sale now: http://www.whiskeymilitia.com/wm/private_stash/823
    some sick deals on here

My favorite winter surfing is getting on a plane and flying the hell out of here When you cant - do all of the above.

Yo dude, I'm from cape cod massachusetts, so I know what it's like. I've got a 6/5/4 with a hood, 7 mil boots, 5 mil gloves. This suit is well warm enough, but just make sure you do all the usual things, booties and gloves both tucked in well to your suit, hood snug, and when you duck dive, make sure you keep your head down so the minimum amount of water rushes into your suit. The suit is definitely warm enough, it's the wind that makes you cold, the water is actually your friend in this situation. Also, some people do vaseline on the face to put a layer between the skin and cold. If you do this, make sure you keep the vaseline off your wetsuit, as it's not good for the material. This'll be my third winter surfing, it's a blast dude, have a good time. Also, if there is a swell, definitely go out in the snow. It's fun as ****
    cool thanks

Bro. I am from Wells Maine. Your going to need a 6/5/4 but also you will need a truck like an SUV to change in. No joke after each session you will need to sit in your truck and warm up before taking off your suit. And dont expect your fingers to work. I remember times when I couldn't unlock my truck. Your best bet is leaving Maine to be honest.

wow, that whisky militia sale has 6/5 infinity x-zips for $199 now that's a tempting sale.