Mine = 5'11" x 18.65" x 2.25" Sharpeye SB-10
Anyone got any feed back on SB-10's?
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thread: Surfboard Wish List
Sep 21, 2012, 02:02 PM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
- Monmouth County, NJ
Surfboard Wish List
Sep 23, 2012, 01:23 PM #2Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2012
Cant believe that no one responded to this. eould like to have more boards
Last edited by Turrtle; Oct 15, 2012 at 05:48 PM.
Sep 24, 2012, 01:36 AM #3
while i am currently VERY happy w/ the quiver i have at the moment, the only board i'd kinda like to add would be a 6'3"x19 3/4"x2 5/8" CI fred rubble round tail 5 fin, preferably fcs, w/ heavier than standard glassing (since it's appearing that i am hell on decks right now). got to feel one up that came into the shop for ding repair & it just felt sooo right! given that i'm super into quads right now, i don't much see the point in grabbing a stock thruster off the rack. i have a wynn that's similar in concept & has proven REALLY fun.
Sep 24, 2012, 01:44 AM #4Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
Would love to shape myself a 6'4" x 19 x 2 3/8" single concave squash tail ! Just gotta find the time
Sep 24, 2012, 01:52 AM #5
The only quiver I want to ride is my own...but I want to ride it free of the pain I still have in my shoulder...after surgery and rehab.
i want a Mini Simmons in the worst way. i have had my eye on them for a few years now. my buddy has one and he lives by it and its all he rides about 80% of the time. never had a chance to try one though
Sep 24, 2012, 03:55 AM #7
1. Skip Frye Magic in the 9'4" to 9'6" range. That waiting list keeps gettin' longer though and Skip ain't gettin' any younger.
2. Mandala stubble quad for a big dude, about a 6'6". I asked Manny one time if he had any demo boards, he said, "How big are you?" I said, "6'2" and about two bills." he said, "yeah sorry, man I make boards for midgets, not guys your size." Maybe cash on the barrel, right? Wish I could get a discount since we surf the same wave.
3. Hynson fish.
4. Robin Pradonovich 8'6" nose rider. Love that board, want a new one since my old one's so beat.
5. Classic Terry Martin Hobie Pig, balsa of course, 10' long with a big ol' D keel.
6. I want to shape a balsa fish. F.I.L. learned how to shape wood boards from Mickie back in the 60's and he's been written' up a couple a times for 'em. He's got a great quiver, besides his fiberglass, he's got a mahogany gun, a balsa gun and a balsa Noserider. All gorgeous, all made in the shed out in the backyard. Tail blocks, triple stringer on the Noserider, exotic wood fins, the works.. He takes 'em out every so often, nobody else is allowed too look at em sideways. F.I.L.'s gettin on in years, he's taught me how to shape some pretty decent poly boards, but I got an itch to try my hand at it. He said don't worry 'bout it, too expensive to make these days, good balsa's impossible to find, too much work and that someday they're all mine anyway, which is depressing and who wants to wait? Said the same thing 'bout his Python, which he bought back in the 60's for like 300$ odd bucks, but I want my own one of them too. He uses it as his backup for bear when goes out with the .54 single shot. Crazy ol boy.
Got everything else I need and what I don't, I can make.
Sep 24, 2012, 12:12 PM #8
1) 5'6" Grain Retrofish or a similar one I would prefer to make myself.
2) Another custom Coil similar to the Qualifier with a 5-fin setup with the quad trailers closer to the thruster trailer and pulled into the center of the board some. You know, like what Slater rides!
3) Eavy noserider with some awesome trippy rainbow 4-D blown glass applied while smoking salvia and drinking 'shroom tea, neon lights and a disco ball.
4) Maybe another Coil sort of like the JS Pierpony.
Sep 24, 2012, 12:36 PM #9Senior Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
- Central NJ
Erock.....What the hell is "salvia"?
I wish I had a early 80's 6'6" Byrne Tom Carroll.....double glass....
Sep 24, 2012, 01:05 PM #10