LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how long will my 4/3 get me?

I surf in RI I was just wondering this is my first winter surfing how long will a 4/3 with boots gloves and a hood get me? December?

whole winter if your 4/3 is newer and ur boots and gloves are atleast 5mil. I use that set up with a vest under my 4/3 when its really cold

Thanks man I appreciate it!

I wore my 4/3 with 2mil hooded vest 5mil gloves and boots till late December early January in ny.

according to this website: http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/dsdt/cwtg/all.html, about till thanksgiving. i have a feeling that trying to do the full winter in a 4/3 in RI wouldn't be so enjoyable, esp. if you go out on the colder, windier days.

Njsurfer how long does yours take you?

Images
    i dunno, up there itll probably take you till december if the weather holds up the way it has been. if its colder, you'll either have to sack up or buy a 5/4 or whatever amount of rubber you think you need

Quote Originally Posted by jcyr2 View Post
    Njsurfer how long does yours take you?
    depending on the weather, early december or whenever the water finally dips below 40.

yeah i surfed a few times in February in RI and wouldn't have been out there too long in a 4/3. I bet the 4/3 would get you to December though. I use a Hyperflex Flow hooded 6/5/4 with 7 mil oniell boots and 5 mil hyperflex lobster claw gloves. keeps me nice and toasty in NE winters.

Quote Originally Posted by In the Soup View Post
    whole winter if your 4/3 is newer and ur boots and gloves are atleast 5mil. I use that set up with a vest under my 4/3 when its really cold
    I also think so