LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Heats on demand, my man.
    Dude, that's where it's at! Thanks man.

Images
    I thought it was an interesting interview. I understand Slater's take on divorcing the sponsors from the competitions, but it really isn't that much different from sports like Golf or Tennis where they have a big lead sponsor. So, I'm not sure what would be the ideal setup?

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Did Sal used to work for MTV or Channel 1? He looks familiar

you should be ashamed of yourself!! you're confusing Sway, mtv reporter and musically-inclined intellectual with Sal, who's... well, just busy being way more extreme than anyone else ever
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I thought it was an interesting interview. I understand Slater's take on divorcing the sponsors from the competitions, but it really isn't that much different from sports like Golf or Tennis where they have a big lead sponsor. So, I'm not sure what would be the ideal setup?
    the main reason, as i understand it, is b/c the SPONSORS (hurley, rip curl, etc...) own the rights to the footage, NOT the ASP. in golf, the PGA still owns the rights to the footage from the tournament, not the main sponsor.

i enjoyed the interview, but found that there's only just so much actual substance there...i'm sure slater had more to say on the state of pro surfing, on health & wellness, etc...that didn't make the edit of the interview that we all got to see. but it does confirm that mr. slater is one athlete from whom i'd like to hear more about what goes on inside his head. it helps, too, that he's articulate & well-spoken & clearly intelligent.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    i agree...**** if you dont have sponsors whos gonna give them free boards, wetsuits, wax, shirts, shoes, shorts, pants, belts, belt buckles, wallets, sunglasses, stickers, board bags, air plane tickets, hotel rooms, alcoholic beverages...i need to change careers

Images
    slater got his wish. nike and hurley just dropped the sponsor at the us open in HB.

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    slater got his wish. nike and hurley just dropped the sponsor at the us open in HB.
    Gonna be interesting to see who takes that spot.

Images
    I swear Slater is Poseidon because everything he says somehow works out in his way haha. And yea it is because that contest is probably the largest revenue generator for surfing in the US. whoever picks it up has big shoes to fill. honestly, based off the interview, it would be interesting if the ASP did. however, its in CA at one of the largest surf brand home bases so i think somebody will. I hope Volcom does. Everything that Volcom has been doing lately has been working really well

Yeah, I loved the Fiji coverage this year. Also, wasn't Volcom absorbed by a larger company? they probably have the $ to take over this now

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Did Sal used to work for MTV or Channel 1? He looks familiar
    sal is the guy from the xgames.the host or something like that..hes ok..chris cote on the other hand is a collosal douche!!